Chapter 14-

Chapter 14-

"This is the place?"

I stepped out of Calvin's car and stared dumbly at the small one story home that was located near Milagra Ridge that was East of Daly City of San Francisco. In front of the house was a huge red sign that said "For Sale."

Wow, I would love to live here. It was really peaceful and it wasn't crowded with people. We had to drive about an hour to get here, but it is worth it for this beautiful sight. Becca's house was between a Ridge and the ocean.

Despite living in San Francisco itself, I never really went to other neighborhood outside the city of Mission District. A breeze swept past me as I brushed it back. Despite the nice scenery here, it was quite breezy itself. 

I called Grace bright and early to tell her that I couldn't make it today nor tomorrow and that London would go in my place. Both Grace and London are okay with it since London felt like she could find peace and comfort being at Church. 

Calvin shut the car door and nodded as I glanced at him nervously. He then goes to the back of his car and starts to unpack the boxes that belonged to Becca.

I shifted from one foot to another as I stared at the house and then back at him who chuckled when he saw how nervous I was. 

"Yeah, let's go inside and meet her. Don't want to keep them waiting."

"Them?" I blinked in surprise. 

I guess it never really occurred to me that probably Becca wouldn't be able to live by herself given her medical condition.

"She lives with her boyfriend, Caleb, who happens to also one of her caretakers as well. He's planning to move with her and his family to another state to take care of her better away. He's studying to be a doctor there anyways and pursue in his medical licensing," he explained, taking out the boxes from his car that were filled with her belongings. 

I went over to him to help carry some, but he shook his head.

"I got this. Why don't you go see if she's home first? I didn't tell her when I'll be here today with you so she might be taking a walk with Caleb."

I gulped nervously but nodded and slowly made my way over to the small house that Calvin pointed too. 

It was actually really nice. The house looked as if it was built recently, and there is even a bed of flowers nearby with a large front porch. 

Who did all this?

I rang on the door and waited for a few seconds, wondering if they are home or not. Just as I was about to turn back to tell Calvin that no one was home, I heard a bang followed by a male voice on the inside.

"Just a second!" I heard the guy yelling from inside. 

Must be Caleb.

The door opened not a second later to reveal a rather good looking guy. He was about 5 foot 11 with brown, messy hair that he must be running his hands through a lot. Wearing a dark blue T shirt and shorts, he looked at me with a confused look through his glasses.

I awkwardly greeted him as I shuffled from one foot to the other, trying not to jolt at the sight of danger. 

"Are you Reina by chance?" he asked after a few seconds of silence. His voice was rough, as if he just woke up. 

"How did you know?" I questioned forgetting my manners as I met his eyes in shock.

He chuckled and opened the door wider for me to come in, "I heard a lot about you from both Becca and Calvin. Mostly from Calvin and sometimes from Becca when she talks about how excited she is to meet one of Calvin's best friends."