Chapter 41-

Chapter 41-

When Tuesday rolled around, Calvin decided to skip again in order to heal while I went to school in order to catch up on whatever I missed yesterday. After we were both awake from our four hour nap yesterday, we ordered in to eat.

Afterwards, I biked home to cook for London and worked on my Literature class project for a few hours. Needless to say, I thought my story in general was going along nicely in regards to the plot and character development.

I thanked heavens that my phone was on silent when I was doing my homework as I missed numerous calls from Mrs.Taylor.

I knew I should get back to her as she did say that they were both in custody for 48 hours but...how do I bring it up?

How can I face reality when all I wanted to do was run from it?

And what did I have to do?

I know today at midnight would be when the 48 hour period was up.

So I had to decide by the time school was over to get back to Mrs.Taylor about this.

Although I was tempted to skip again and just keep Calvin company, he refused as he didn't want me to be affected by us doing.

I made him promise me that if Erik were to come back, he'll cal me right away.

So far, he still haven't returned to my relief.

"Is Calvin not in today either?" Megan asked as I was closing my locker door as it was already the end of the school day. Her once tip dyed pastel pink hair was now replaced with turquoise blue. Not only that she had curled her hair after Valentine's too. She was wearing polka dot red dress and a light cardigan.

"Weren't both of them absent yesterday as well?" Andy asked innocently but to Joshua, whom was right next to him, smirked at the double meaning. As usual, he gives Megan a peck on the lips. He was wearing his usual graphic T shirts and sweatpants like he just rolled out of bed.

"You just realized he wasn't here towards the end of the day?" I asked, my eyebrows raised as they chose to ask me at the end of the day where Calvin was.

"Senioritis came over me so I didn't even come to my first few classes," Megan said as Andy nodded in agreement, clearly showing that they probably skipped together.

We looked at Joshua.

He shrugged.

"I assumed he slept in since I only have morning classes with him. And during lunch, I didn't eat with you guys since I was getting help with my Literature story writing with Ms.Bell. How are you guys going with that project?"

"Don't even get me started," Megan mumbled.

"I got three pages in," Andy announced as he rubbed his temple in dismay.

I made a face too as I didn't even start mine yet either.

"So yeah. That's why no one noticed Calvin was here. But why was he absent yesterday and today? Why were you absent yesterday as well, Reina?" Joshua asked with arched brows.

"I was sick," I said without missing a beat.

"Were you guys doing something naughty together? Since yesterday was Valentine's day?" Joshua cut in as well.

I flipped him off, causing Megan to laugh loudly and Andy to shook his head at the question Joshua asked.

"We didn't do anything dirty like you mentioned on Valentine's," I commented.

Joshua and Megan looked genuinely surprised at my confession and I blinked several times, shocked.

"Did you actually think we did something dirty?"