Chapter 38-

Chapter 38-

My heart did a skip when I saw Calvin jogging to me with his black bag over his shoulder. He was wearing a light grey windbreaker that was exposing his black V neck and dark jeans. His hair was blown back thanks to the winds here and there. 

I unconsciously ran one of my hand into my hair, pulling some loose strands back behind my ears. I was wearing a light grey long sleeve shirt and a black strap dress over that with knee high stocking. I was debating to tie back my blonde hair but decided against it at the very end. 

For once, I, Reina Calverly, was dressed up. 

Well, it was thanks to London helping me out getting prepared but I was still nervous as I bite my lips, looking at the floor to help the beating of my speeding heart rate. 

It was a nice breezy yet sunny day with the temperature rising up to the high 50s. The birds were chirping and the sun was out without a cloud in the sky.

And I felt like I was on my first ever date as butterflies seemed to erupt from out of nowhere in my stomach at the sight of him. 

"Happy birthday, Reina," Calvin said as soon as we were only a mere feet away from each other. 

"Thanks," I squeaked, trying not to smack myself for sounding so love struck and out of breath. 

What was with me?

I cleared my throat and I saw him smirk as I fumbled with the hem of my long sleeves as I glanced at the loose winged metal necklace he had gotten me two months prior for Christmas.

"Nervous about being old now that you're officially 18?" he teased as he watched me huff loudly at his comment before rolling my eyes as my nerves calmed. 

"I'm not that old," I replied, causing him to chuckle as he swiftly grabbed one of my hands, intertwining it. 

"I'm playing with you. You do look beautiful today," he said with such ease that I was surprise I didn't go into a cardiac arrest by his honesty comment.

"I...I...," I began with a stutter.

Although this wasn't my first date, Paul never made these kinds of comments at me, nor did I recall requesting to be commented.

Now that I recall, the feelings I had when I was with Calvin had never happened the same way with Paul. 

But with Calvin, it was a huge other story.

I cleared my throat, trying to find my voice and calm myself from blushing any further.

"I think you're...," I trailed off, losing the courage to call him handsome as I heard him laugh.

"It's the thought that counts," he said with a wink.

"But I do have a full day set for Valentine's and your birthday," he exclaimed, looking quite proud of his work as he continued his conversation like I wasn't just here having a heart attack from his sudden praise of my appearance.

Only he would look at me with all my scars and call me beautiful.

His gaze was fixated on me as I blew some strands of hair that got onto my face. 

"What's your plan today anyways?" I asked, curious as I gazed upwards on him.

 He thumbed my hands before intertwining them with mine. 

"Well I was thinking of bringing you to this restaurant that Christian recommended me to take you but I know you said you liked to picnic so I decided to make some sandwiches and picked up some utensils," he stated as he stared down at me, looking at my reaction.