Chapter 49-

Chapter 49-

I woke up in a white dress lying down. 

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking around dazed and confused. I was lying in the middle of a huge meadow with a lake a few meters from me. Everything was beautiful. I felt at peace for once and happy as I looked on to one of the many plants and flowers growing near me.

The scent of fresh dew filled the air as I looked on.

I remember here.

This was Strawberry Hills. 

Calvin brought me here during my birthday and confessed that he loved me. It was the first time he ever told a girl he loved them apparently. I frowned, remembering I never did truly told him back that I do love him as well even though I knew I did love him.

He told me when the time was right, I can say it back. 

Was the time right now?

"Beautiful isn't it?"

I jumped at the sudden voice, swiftly turning to see Calvin next to me now. He was in a white T shirt and short navy blue pants. The breeze swept by, making his hair move with it.

He looked as beautiful and handsome as ever.

"I never got to tell you that I loved you as well. I should have told you when you told me you loved me," I said softly with a frown as I clutched onto my angel wing necklace that was around my neck.

"I knew you did," he said as he intertwined his hands with mine.

I looked at him, confused and in awe.

"When?"

He shrugged.

"I wasn't sure. But I felt it. I knew it. Maybe I always knew it," he said looking at the scenery with me.

"I want to go back here," I said shyly.

"I'll take you there. Just tell me the magic words and I'll take you anywhere," he said, leaning in and resting his forehead onto mine.

I sobbed a bit at his touch.

"I miss you."

"You're okay now," he promised me. I couldn't help but chuckle through my tears at that comment, remembering him always asking if I was okay.

I missed him...but I don't need the past anymore. 

I don't want to swell on what ifs...

I wanted to think about what is. 

I nodded as I learned back onto his forehead as well.

"I'm okay."

My head and the rest of my body hurt like hell as I slowly started to regain consciousness. Some tears flowed down my face as I looked up and blink at the ceiling a few times. I knew from the smell of disinfectant wipes that I was in the hospital. It was dark in the room except for a sidelight. I took a deep breath and tried to exhale and I knew in that moment it was the worst idea ever as there was a searing jolt and pain that came from my stomach and rib cage, making me almost cry out in pain.

I slowly and gingerly moved my head to the side and realized Calvin was sleeping on the chair while his head was on the bed. One of his hand held mine that was attached to a IV. I smiled at how handsome he looked, like my dreams, and slowly lifted my other hand before running my fingers through his hair.