Chapter 45-

Chapter 45-

Erik knew where Calvin was.

Erik knew where my family and I lived.

Erik was spying on me...been spying on my family...for God knows how long.

The last 24 hours, that was all I could think about.

I couldn't bear to go to work, calling in sick for two days in order to try to calm myself down. But no matter what, I couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen next. What is there to do next?

Even when I was with Joshua, Megan and Calvin, I would be spacing out. 

Although Calvin caught on, I simply lied and stated I was just having a hard time sleeping that night. 

I hid the letter and the pictures as soon as I got it so I don't get Joshua or Calvin worried.

Erik was probably there...watching to see if I would tell anybody.

And if I did...I don't even want to guess what Erik would and could have done that morning to me or my loved ones.

There was something about the letter that I didn't understand though.

Pay?

Pay for what exactly?

I thought I would be the one that was going to find some dirt on Erik and free Calvin...little did I know that it'll be the other way around.

Slowly walking home, I made sure to double check everywhere I went and made sure I wasn't being followed by anyone. A harsh cold wind blew, making me bury myself into my thin parka. My hair was already a mess from the wind brushing it for me but I didn't try to fix it since I was only one block from home. I played with the hem of my sweater peaking from my parka, waiting for the lights to change as I tried to rethink what to do.

Do I call the police?

Will they even do anything?

What exactly would I say to them?

I took my phone out and saw that I had another missed call from Paul but before I could even try to call or text him out, I heard someone calling for me.

"Reina!"

I turned and I saw London coming towards me.

She was close to nine months pregnant at this point. Her stomach was practically bulging at this point as she waved her hands at me for my attention. I forced a smile as I waved back to her to not give anything away.

If something...happens to her, then it's my fault.

If something happens to her baby....then it's my fault.

Nervously, I looked around to see if there was anyone suspicious.

"London. How's school?" I asked with a forced smile as I tried to not let her see through my facade. I was nervous out of my mind but I refused to show it. She already had a lot on her plate...especially with mom coming home in a few weeks to do some catching up to do.

And mom have yet to found out that London was heavily pregnant. 

That would be a fun family reunion.

London shrugged at my question.

"Same as usual," she commented as she then examined her surroundings to make sure there was no cars coming before illegally crossing to meet up with me. Despite the fall like weather, she was wearing a pea-coat and a dress. Her hair was down and curled at the end. Even though she has been through so much, she still looked positive, glowing and very much stylish.