Chapter 46-

Chapter 46-

"How did you get my number?" I demanded in a hiss as I quickly excused myself into my own room. Locking it, I ran my hand through my hair. 

Shit.

Immediately, I looked outside the window from my house. 

Was he there?

Was he hiding somewhere in the shadow, spying at me?

"If you're looking for me. I'm not at your house," he stated, as if he was reading my mind. I didn't look away from the window as I continued to stare. 

"What do you want?" My voice was barely a whisper. I refused to allow my voice to crack or show that I was fearing for everyone around me. He practically ran the city. If I showed I was scared, it'll give him more power that I refused to give him.

"You know who Jerry White and Marcos Lopez is?"

My stomach turned into a knot at their names. I didn't want to hear their name much less say that I do know them since they were my rapist.

I kept my mouth shut, but I wanted to know why he knew them.

After a few seconds, I heard him snarl under his breath.

"I figured you would. I'm not sure how you you were related to them but I know they got arrested because of you because you can't keep your mouth shut."

"Wh-What does that have to do with you?" I gulped nervously.

My question was barely above a whisper.

Everything seemed to be closing in fast and quickly.

"They were my business partners. Very good business partners, for that matter. Known them for years and very trustworthy. Now, I'm out of my operations and resources. Not that it really matters since I can find someone else but...I can't let you get away unharmed with what you did because you can't keep your mouth or legs shut."

I gripped the hem of my sweater, I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack from his explanation. His laugh rung loud in my ear, knowing he had the upper hand against me. 

What a small world we lived in to have Erik know who they were.

"But...how do I punish someone like you?" Erik questions out loud.

"Leave my family alone," I stated hard through my grit teeth. Although I was scared of my mind, i can't bear him hurting London when she was so close to giving birth. She had so much more for her.

"So I can hurt your little boyfriend? And here I thought you and him were so close."

"Leave Calvin alone."

"You know, he's been so much happier since he met you. Kept trying to keep your relationship a secret but...word gets around fast when you run the city," he taunted before continuing, "he seems to be very fond of you even though I've never seen him take interest in anyone else growing up. Very cute, to see my little stepson in love with such a whore like yourself."

I was really pushing it but his words got to me.

"Fuck off."

"Did I step on your tail?" He chuckled on the other line, my anger boiling.

"Don't touch him," I snapped, tears pricking the back of my eyes, "I don't care what happens to me but leave my love ones alone."

"Break up with him and I'll leave him and your little sister alone."

I didn't believe him, not even for a second.

"How do I know you won't?"

It seemed to easy for someone like him to do.

"I like how protective you are. You remind me of my former self in a shining armor. I think that's very cute. So I'll just keep you as a play thing in exchange for leaving your little friends and family alone."

"And you won't send anyone else to harm them?"

"I keep true to my words but it's up to you if you believe me or not."

"So if I break up with Calvin, you'll leave everyone alone?"

"You have my words. Although, you're going to be my new plaything instead."

There was the catch I knew was coming. 

One part of me feared for my life and I wanted nothing more than to call the police, but I can't even trust them. My life was laid out for Erik to play with but...I didn't care.

Everyone else had so much more to live for.

And I vowed myself to protect them, even if it's the cost of my own life.

"Deal."