(Side Story) It's just his nature(1/2)

"Cutter, let me borrow one of your swords"

"...why......would you need mine..?"

Ghost ejects an empty magazine from his pistol, emptying his gun's chamber and reloads it with a new mag taken from one of his many tactical bags. Though, he hasn't much left. He moves to Cutter and takes up one of her usually duel wielded sword, which she had left on the ground as one of her arm was occupied pressuring her wounded arm, and held it over his shoulder.

It was crystal clear what his intent was, and Cutter knew that.

"You.... can't be serious...are you going to fight...? Against all of them?......yourself...?"

"..."

"But...you're hurt...!"

"..."

"We could wait for reinforcements...!"

"Well, we could.....but this basement won't hold....and......I promised, I'd make sure you'd get back safe."

And with that, he takes one last glance at the injured Cutter, who was barely able to stand up, forced to lean her body against the wall to support her injured body. Though the sight didn't deter him at all, and he still went and left the small basement they sheltered in. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-A couple of hours before-

>Location:[REDACTED]
>Time: 1925

A small group of people were gathered together inside a small warehouse, belonging to none other than the pharmaceutical company, Rhodes Island. The warehouse was located in a small town, quite detached from any mobile cities and fairly enough, in the middle of absolute nowhere.

To be more specific, a sum total of 4 people were present inside a room in the warehouse as of that time. They were all gathered around a small table, slightly decrepit and worn, with a multitude of documents and blueprints scattered on it.

"So uh.....why are we here again?" A purple haired operator who held a rope with a sharp hook on one of its end in her hands as her main choice of weaponry, appropriately codenamed Rope, asked,

"I dunno. Don't ask me" A pink haired operator codenamed Ambriel, who had a halo on her head since she was a Sankta, answered her quite nonchalantly, as she always was, suiting her lax personality. She had with herself a scoped rifle as her main firearm of choice, befitting of her role as a long ranged sniper.

"The two of you could be somewhat more serious about this operation" A seemingly more serious-looking operator with a better-built body, who had two mighty swords on her, named Cutter cuts into their chatter. 

"Well, do you know why?" Ambriel asks her,

"...I....don't know too."

As they all remained curious as for what purpose were they gathered for, another figure suddenly cuts in,

"Alright, settle down. I'm going to tell you what we're doing here." The person, none other than the mastermind himself, dokutah puts their conversation to a halt. He cleared his throat and moved himself to the table, before he proceeded to brief them on what their task was. 

"We've had some sources say that Reunion are keeping intel in one of the buildings here in this small town. To be more specific, it's this building off to the side here," He said as his index finger traced and pointed to one point on the map on the table amongst all the other scattered documents.