Was It My Fault?

In a white hallway of a certain hospital in Lungmen, a spaced out Exusiai can be seen sitting on a chair to the side of the wall, her forehead tidily wrapped in bandages as to treat the injury she'd suffered moments before as she waited for news to arrive regarding the other person that was admitted together with her to the hospital, Ghost.

Her body leaned against the back of the seat, as her face stared at the white ceiling of the hospital, her hand slowly gripping a part of her white clothes that was stained with red drops of blood. Her mind was filled with nothing but worry.

"Hey, Exusiai, you alright? I was surprised the hospital suddenly called me" Texas suddenly says to the spaced out Exusiai, snapping her back to reality.

"Hey there, Texas. I'm fine, just some scratches here and there, nothing serious." Exusiai replied briefly, forcing her usual grin at Texas, but it really wasn't that convincing and Texas saw through her quite easily. It was clear to Texas there was something worrying her.

"...So, where's Ghost?" Even still, she decided not to ask about what worried her, and instead asked about Ghost, seeing that he was nowhere to be seen. But unknowingly to Texas, that was exactly what was worrying her, evident by her grin disappearing for a moment as she heard her ask about Ghost, before she immediately forced it back and answered her,

"Oh, him? He's still in the emergency room, the doctor hasn't come out yet."

Texas was a little surprised to hear her response. She initially thought that Exusiai was waiting there because she just wanted her to give her a ride home, she didn't expect that Ghost was the one actually admitted to emergency and Exusiai was just waiting for him.

This answered her wonder of what was worrying Exusiai, but the fact that someone like Ghost had to be admitted to emergency was something that made her feel really curious. 

"Hey, what happened?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hook that the man had swung aimed at Exusiai stopped right as the tip almost stabbed her in the face. Her eyes widened, but not from the fear she felt from the hook, but from the feeling of her heart dropping from her chest that suddenly struck her, with her gaze fixed at Ghost.

His body now hunched over in a protective curl over her as he offered up his own self to be her shield. He managed to stop the hook, but at the cost of a hook now piercing out of his own shoulder, the flesh of his shoulder only barely managing to stop the hook from stabbing Exusiai.

As blood trickled from the wound of his shoulder along the metallic curve of the hook, it fell as droplets of blood onto the person he protected, his eyes flinching a little as he withstood the pain as they slowly became more and more vacant with his hunched over stature slowly wavering, akin to someone barely hanging onto their consciousness

 The man's face was now visible with a face of mad euphoria, as he said,

"You idiot! Look at you, you're going to bleed and die just because you just had to step in and be the hero! HAHAHA!" 

But his mad laugh would come to a sudden halt as Ghost's elbow swiftly meets his jaw, knocking the man behind him onto the road. Ghost then stood up, before he turned around and faced the man, the hook still stuck into his shoulder, still dripping with his blood.

The man was now enraged by Ghost, he felt as if he was taunting him by the sharp gaze he was giving him. He looked around and saw that the the rest of his men that acted as his escort were still barely unscathed from all the chaos on the road. With a loud voice, he ordered them,