Confrontation

"Exusiai, do you remember when Echo suddenly asked us to be his friends" Texas suddenly says to the thinking Exusiai, both of them happening to flashback to what happened on that night,

"Yeah...why?"

"...Don't you feel that it's weird for him to ask that of us? He even mentioned that we'd probably never meet again, so why even bother asking for such a thing?"

"....now that you mention it, it kinda is..."

"Hmm, but thinking about that now, maybe he just did to look out for him-"

"...or maybe he was preparing to leave him?." And here goes Exusiai off with her theories in her head

"...No, I don't think so. Remember what they all said about him? After hearing all of that, I just can't believe that Ghost would leave them. Something must've happened between them." Exusiai gave her opinion on Ghost's situation.

"Then it must've been something quite serious if he's willing to even not admit he was their captain. They were all really close to each other"

"...Maybe they retired?"

"Nah. If they did, their military administration would've just recruited new members. And it's unlikely they all retired at once, really."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Maybe they died." Texas blurted out a passing thought, to which Exusiai's face reacted with a face of disbelief,

"Wha- No, that can't be it, can it? It's him we're talking about, that couldn't have happened." With a nervous smile, she dismissed her idea with an awkward laugh, though the suggestion never really left her mind. But as they were discussing the subject, Amiya came up to them to let them know they're going to move out.

"Exusiai, Texas, are you two ready? I'm sorry if I disturbed your conversation, but I thought I'd let you two know that we're going to move out soon." Exusiai then looked at the bunny girl in front of her, and then something came to her head,

"...Amiya, could you do us a small favour?"

"Huh? Sure, Exusiai. What is it?"

"You see Ghost there? After we finish up with this operation, can you somehow force him to have a small chat with us?" Exusiai then told Amiya what she wanted her help with, pointing towards Ghost who stood only a mere meters away from them. Amiya seemed a little confused as to why she'd want that, but she agreed to it anyway in the end, seeing no harm in helping her doing so.

"I guess I can try my best." Amiya answered a little half-heartedly, possibly still a little affected by what'd happened to her a few moments before.

"Thanks, Amiya! You're the best!" Exusiai replied with a cheerful face, as she always did. Amiya felt slightly better looking at her positive aura, and smiled with her.

"...You're weirdly fired up for this." Texas said,

"Nah, I'm always like this." 

"....Yeah, sure." Texas replied with a grin. Clearly she's thought of something, but she'd rather keep it to herself for now.

With that settled, they finally set out, together with Ghost, to perform their part of the operation. But throughout the operation, Ghost wouldn't even bat a glance towards the other three, his attitude distant from the others.

After a great display of combat against the reunion forces, they finally managed to make it to Reunion's camp in the mine, where they got to link up with Hoshiguma, Franka, and Liskarm. At the camp, they only had one objective, and it was to rescue Misha.