xvii: new member

—When Carter and Morgan arrived early in the morning on the 15th of the last month of the year, Elijah, Julie, and Amy were all having their morning coffee and tea

  "Hey," Carter said as she removed her coat while Morgan just nodded.

  "So, it's your first Christmas with us, Amy, Elijah. What would you like as a present?" Carter asked as she prepared coffee for herself and Morgan.

  "Earplugs," Amy said without thinking, causing Morgan to spit out his drink and laugh hysterically, immediately knowing what she meant.

  "Hey, what's making Morgan laugh like someone shot his dad?" Brenda questioned as soon as she entered the room.

  "Oh you know Julie and Elijah's loud sex noise," Carter replied, smirking.

  Elijah only smirked as Julie's mouth hung gaping but with a smile plastered on her face.

  "Hey, I want to introduce you to someone," Brenda said with a chuckle and opened the door wider to see a man with a charming smile.

  They all focused their attention on a newcomer.

  "Guys, this is David. We've been seeing each other for a while now and I wanted you guys to get to know him," Brenda said. "Uh David, that's Julie and that's Carter. He's Morgan and that's Elijah, Julie's boyfriend, and that is Amy, Julie's sister," she introduced as they all greeted David.

  With a wave, David added, "It's good to meet you everyone."

  "So, uh, we have to go to work, but we'll come back later. Bye," Brenda laughed as she tugged David out the door.

  "Huh. Never thought she'd find someone. She's really picky!" Morgan said something that made the others laugh.

  Julie shook her head, "I don't know. He looks to be a nice match for her and she seems happy."

  Elijah grabbed her hands in his and grinned at her, making her blush.

  "Yeah," Carter replied, setting the cup down to read the magazine.

  "By the way, where is John?" Amy wondered aloud, for the first time in a long time speaking up.

  Morgan remarked, "He's most likely hooking up someone. But that's a long shot." Making Carter smirk.

𐂂

  The evening arrived, and they all gathered in the living room.

  "So David, what do you do?" Carter asked as she painted her nails.

  "I'm a firefighter," David replied, looking around the group.

  "And how'd you meet?" Morgan, who was doing God knows what in the kitchen, asked.

  "Well, I had a little bit of a difficulty at the coffee shop and luckily, he was there to help me," Brenda said with a smile.

  Amy responded with a little smile as she leaned her head on her hand, "Oh that's cute."

  "I've decided what I want for Christmas!" Morgan eventually said something as he sat on the couch between Carter and Julie, a sandwich in his hands.

  "When did you make that?" Julie inquired, pointing to the sandwich.

  "This? Oh, just now," Morgan smiled and replied.

  "We just ate dinner," Carter murmured, her eyes widened with surprise.

  "Do you believe he'll ever be full? No, not at all," John expressed his disapproval by shaking his head.

  "Where did you go last night, by the way? We didn't see you this morning," Carter enquired of John.

  John stutters and gulps anxiously "You know, I uh- out. What I mean is, what is out? Pssh, never heard of her before. But don't worry, I was staying at a friend's house."

  Others looked at him as if he were insane, but Elijah looked at him as if he were concealing something. He reflected on the situation. The full moon occurred last night, which could indicate that John is a werewolf. But Elijah had suspicions. He could be mistaken, and John is simply staying at someone else's house.

  "Hey, are you all right?" Julie's question brought him back from his ruminations. Elijah smiled and tenderly kissed her forehead.

𐂂

A/n

John? You wanna tell us sum?

David is played by *drum roll* Andy Samberg! Because why not. Plus, jake and amy 😩💕

Comment your thoughts and what you think is gonna happen✌️