prologue

—The beginning.

 Life is said to be a gift. Is it vital, and it must be carried out correctly? You can only pick between good and evil; no middle ground. Some people live their lives to the fullest, savouring every moment, good or bad, while others follow the rules. Life is precious, and it is not meant to be abused. Some, though, believe they have too much. Immortals. Life is nothing more than dust to them. It's a waste. Some people like it, while others found it tedious.

  One of them was the noble original, Elijah Mikaelson. He and his family were well-known throughout the supernatural world as they were the first vampires created.

  Despite this, he was alone. His brother, daggering all of his siblings and tossing them into the sea as if they were nothing. It almost sounds ridiculous.

  He was on the edge of giving up and starting a brand new life when he noticed a woman in the same coffee shop as him one day. He was completely and utterly enamoured with her.

  She pulled him towards her without meaning to. Her sea-blue eyes, fair skin, and enticing lips. Beautiful. He decided he had to get to know her, talk to her, and, if possible, be with her. But he knows she would not go for a monster like him.

  He was not the type to fall in love easily; after all, his sister had done so. But it was only because of this girl that it was possible. He was in love with her, and she was in love with him. They didn't tell each other that but they both knew.

  Will they find love? Elijah knows trouble was bound to follow him, but he just wants a moment of peace. Will she give that to him?

  He knows things not everyone know off, he just didn't know that she would forever be her always.

  And it begins—