xx: I love you, Elskan

—Julie had a severe headache when she awoke

  —Julie had a severe headache when she awoke. She expected to see her bedroom ceiling and Elijah sitting beside her as she looked up. When she didn't, she looked about to see if she was at the right place.

  It was a decrepit church. Julie had gone there with Carter a couple times to take in the sights.

  "Ahh, she's still alive," she heard a voice say. She jerked her head back and noticed a blonde-haired man with a grin on his face.

  "Yes, the girl my brother is head over heels in love with. What a sight that is," he mocked, twirling a dagger in his hands.

  Julie paused for a moment before putting it all together and whispering, "Klaus."

  "You've heard of me?" Klaus asked, raising his brows. He chuckled as Julie simply gave him a frown in response, "I have to tell you that my brother has some taste. Don't get me wrong, you're gorgeous, but I doubted he'd be able to fall in love with you again. After what happened with the previous one, I didn't think so."

  "What happened to the last one?" Julie asked, casting a glance at him, finding enough courage.

  Klaus laughed once more. "Oh, how he adored her. But, I assume that all good things must come to an end at some point," he brushed off the question.

  "What happened to the last one?" Julie asks again, a little more sternly this time.

  Klaus smirked as he gazed at her, "I was the one who killed her. He was devastated. Maybe a lot more than he is about to be."

  She was then reminded of her fate. She would perish at the hands of the brother of the guy she loves. She hadn't even had the opportunity to tell him. Her eyes welled up and she turned her head. Blood was dripping down the side of her face, and she had no idea her head was bleeding.

  "Well, I'll leave you to your thoughts," he added, leaning in for his last words to her, "And then I'll let him watch you suffer. Or maybe it'd be more poetic if he discovered your body instead." He then walked away.

  Julie had a breakdown. She wasn't ready to pass away just yet. She had a long list of things she intended to accomplish. She didn't spend enough time with her friends. What about the school? What about her young kids? What about Elijah? Given that they'd only met a few months previously, she assumed he'd be the best person to deal with her death.

  When she heard a sound, she was struggling to breathe. She prayed Elijah or someone else would come to her rescue.

  Marina Carmo was the cause of the sound, which she cautiously turned her head to. One of the people who had kidnapped her.

  She took a step back, ignoring the stinging in her leg, which was also bruised.

  "I'm here to help," Marina stated calmly as she raised her hand.