𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Rumors had already spread.

"I hear Narcissa Black is dating a muggleborn!"

"My family personally knows Rita Skeeter," one person said. "We could get a pretty galleon out of this headline. First Andromeda, now Narcissa? The Black family will fall to ruins."

"Who do you think it is?" a girl whispered to her friend.

"I don't know," the friend whispered back. "But I think it's-"

It was a living hell.

As Eleonora traveled down the hall, her book clutched tightly to her chest, she walked past an empty classroom. Just as she made it past, the door opened, a hand taking her arm and dragging her into the room.

"Who the fuck did you tell?" a voice hissed.

"Get your hand off me!" Eleonora snapped, jerking her arm away from Narcissa.

"Who did you tell?" Narcissa repeated, her wand at Eleonora's throat.

"I didn't tell anyone!" Eleonora whispered. "Get your wand away from my throat before I snap it!"

Narcissa lowered her wand steadily, not taking her eyes from Eleonora. "Well, I didn't tell anyone..."

"Listen," Eleonora muttered, "as long as it's just rumors, we should be okay. However, they'll get a real shock when we come waltzing in with the rest of the court."

"You're right," Narcissa agreed. "They're just rumors-for now."

Eleonora's eyebrow raised, a cocky grin growing on her lips. "For now, you say?"

Narcissa narrowed her eyes, glaring at Eleonora. "Don't get any ideas."

"I'm not!" Eleonora said defensively. "Besides, if either of us broke one of the rules, our hands would start sprouting blisters."

"Our-what?" Narcissa's mouth fell open. The thought of her hands engrossed in itchy pustules made her sick. "You didn't tell me that!"

"Didn't think I needed to," Eleonora shrugged.

"You..." Narcissa opened her mouth to say something, closing it abruptly. "You didn't think you needed to inform me that if any of the listed rules were to be broken, I'd start sprouting blisters on my hands?"

"You never asked," Eleonora mumbled, hiding a grin as she was well aware of how she angered Narcissa.

"I never-?" Narcissa paused, seeing the shit-eating grin on Eleonora's face. "Oh, I see what you're doing."

Eleonora burst out laughing, "I'm sorry, Narcissa, really. I should've told you before, but this reaction was priceless."

"You're gonna regret that one day," Narcissa snapped.

"Oh, don't I know it!"