𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆

"Potter!" Draco hissed. "Potter!"

"What, Malfoy?" Harry snapped. "What is it that you could possibly want?"

"Is it true you fainted?" he asked, his lips curled into a grin. "I mean you actually fainted?"

"Oi, Malfoy!" Ron called. "Didn't you piss yourself?"

"It's true!" Blaise called. "He did!"

"Shut up, Blaise!" Draco demanded.

Blaise snickered to himself as Harry and Ron turned back around. "How the hell did he find out?" Harry asked quietly.

"It doesn't matter," Hermione soothed. "Just forget about it."

Silence fell over the Great Hall as Dumbledore stepped to the podium, looking out at the sea of students from under his half-moon spectacles. "Good evening! Welcome, welcome to another year at Hogwarts! Now, before we become befuddled with our excellent feast, I'd like to say a few words..."

"Two Galleons, he says something inspirational to try and quiet our nerves," Seamus mutters to Ron.

"You're on," Ron whispers back.

"I'm pleased to welcome our new professor for the Defense Against the Dark Arts," Dumbledore went on, turning and gesturing behind him. "Professor R. J. Lupin. We wish him a pleasant and wonderful experience teaching classes this year. In regards to professors, I'm saddened to inform you all that Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher, has retired in order to spend time with any remaining limbs he may have. On a lighter note, I'm delighted that our own Rubeus Hagrid will be taking over the position."

A round of applause and cheers sounded throughout the room as Hagrid stood from his chair, knocking over glasses and chinaware. "Yes, yes," Dumbledore smiled. "In contrast to the light note, I regret to inform you all that by order of the Ministry, dementors are to be placed on every entrance of the school grounds. While they are not to enter the castle, you will see them as you go about your daily activities. Please, do not tread lightly on this. Do not approach them. It is not in the nature of a dementor to be forgiving. Also protecting the grounds, we have Deputy Head Auror Eleonora Murphy, along with three others stationed inside the school."

Students turned their heads, looking to the back of the Great Hall where Eleonora stood tall with Williamson and Proudfoot.

"Yes," Dumbledore mumbled solemnly. "But do not fret, for happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times..." He raised his hand, waving it past one of the flickering candles, killing the flame. "If one only remembers to turn on the light." He waved his hand again, and the flame reappeared.

As the feast commenced, Ron groaned and Seamus laughed. "That's two Galleons, Ron! Hand 'em over!"

Ron reached into his pocket, huffing as he pulled out two gold coins and placed them in Seamus's hand. Seamus turned to Dean who sat across the table. "Butterbeer's on me when we go to Hogsmeade!"

__________

Sleep was heavy on her eyes. A bright sunrise peaked through the curtains of Eleonora's room, the grounds of Hogwarts encased in a morning dew. She rolled over onto her side, desperately hoping that it wasn't already eight o'clock-it was worse: 7:59am. No more than thirty seconds had passed by before she shut off her alarm, groaning as she stood up.

She twisted her back, knuckles digging into the aged stress knots. Joints popped as she yawned, stretching before trudging over to the armoire and throwing on her robes. Securing the belt around her waist, and the pins in her hair, she pocketed her wand and left the room.