𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 (!!!)

God I hope you all know what those three exclamation marks mean...
__________

Oh you

And I

Safe from the world

Though the world will try

Oh, I'm afraid of the things in my brain

But we can stay here

And laugh away the fear

~Intertwined; Dodie

__________

There was rarely a time Malfoy Manor was lively, and this morning was no exception. However, the usual grim silence that floated through the halls felt different. The loneliness had vanished. The sun seemed to shine just a bit brighter.

The soft rays of sunrise peeked through the curtains drawn around the bed. For the first time in almost twenty years, steady breaths sounded in the same bed. They slept peacefully, cradled in one another's arms, their legs and feet tangled with each other. Nora's eyes slowly drifted open, her surroundings coming into view. It had felt like a dream--but better. She turned her head, a smile creeping out from her teeth when she saw that Narcissa was in fact still there, the gray silk sheets draped over her body.

Nora gazed at her softened face, admiring every feature--her lips, her smile lines, her dark lashes. To her, everything was perfect. She brought up her hand, her fingers lightly brushing a strand of blonde hair from her face as she breathed softly. No moment Nora had ever experienced would compare to this moment right here, right now. She took her hand, gently placing it on Narcissa's cheek as she stroked it lightly.

Dreading the cold, she carefully slid from Narcissa's grasp. A chill spread goosebumps through her arms and legs as she searched for a robe. The closest one hung by the door, Nora smiling the instant she pulled it over her shoulders, the comforting smell of Narcissa's perfume flooding her senses.

Nora opened the door quietly, looking over her shoulder to see Narcissa shift in bed. She held her breath, not wanting her to wake up, and when she was in the clear, she slowly moved into the hall. Dawdling down the steps, she made her way to the kitchen. Her eyes set on the pile of broken glass, having prioritized Narcissa the pervious night.

She found a dust pan in a nearby cupboard, crouching down on her hands and knees to sweep up the broken glass. And though she was happy to clean up for Narcissa, she couldn't help but feel a twinge of heartache; to know the woman she cared most about was in pain, in need of love and nourishment from someone who cared about her.

When the surrounding area was clean of broken glass, she tossed it in the bin, stowing the dust pan back in its proper place.

Nora moved to the fridge, searching its contents for something to make. She settled on a package of bacon and a few squares of cheese, and reached for the tray of eggs beside the fridge. She heated two pans, cracking the eggs in and scrambling them. After adding the cheese and some salt and pepper, she unwrapped the bacon, dropping it into the pan.

After popping bread into the toaster, she plated the finished food and set it on a tray she found in the pantry. Completing the set up with a flower and two glasses of cranberry juice, Nora made her way back up the stairs. She entered Narcissa's room, setting the tray at the foot of the bed. She climbed back in, careful not to wake Narcissa up.