𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

Summer seemed to drag on. With barely a scrap of paper from Narcissa, aside from short scribbles assuring her she was alright and then ending them with 'no need to respond', Nora grew increasingly worried. She was relieved, however (only hardly), that she was at least getting some form of communication from her.

With no other sign of her, and dark wizards nowhere to be found, she resorted to sulking in Diagon Alley, hoping in vain that she'd run into Narcissa.

Accompanied by Remus, they strolled down the main street, devouring the last of their ice cream before turning into the Three Broomsticks.

"So..." Remus sighed, his hands clasped on the table. "Any news on her?"

Eleonora groaned as a server walked over, placing two pints of ice-cold butterbeer in front of them. Thanking them, Eleonora turned her attention back to Remus. "Well, I've gotten little notes. But they're, quite frankly, useless." She took a sip, wiping the foam from her upper lip. "I still keep them, though. Aside from her gift last year, it's the only thing I have left..."

"My god," Remus muttered. "I can't stand to see this self-pity."

"Oh, please," she scoffed. "If you're so tired of my misery, go back to Witherwings and Fluffy."

Remus leaned in close, whispering as he looked around. "You know he doesn't like being called that!" He sat back in his chair, relaxing slightly. "Arthur Weasley wants to talk to you by the way."

"What about?" Elle asked, her eyebrows raising over the brim of her glass.

"The Quidditch World Cup is next month, and he mentioned something about asking Kingsley if you'd be able to go with them," he responded. "He said Aurors don't need tickets, and that Harry would be going with them so he doesn't want to take any chances."

Eleonora nodded. "Yeah, alright. I'll bring it up to him and Kingsley when I go in tomorrow...to do absolutely nothing but paperwork in my hot and stuffy office." Her smile faded as she realised what her career diminished to. Tapping her fingers on the table, she sighed, her lips swishing from side to side. "I have nothing better to do anyway. I might as well attend the Quidditch World Cup and make sure nothing bad happens to poor Harry."

__________

The floo passage spitting her out into the Ministry of Magic, she made her way across the polished, black floor. Eleonora immediately spotted the messy red hair above everyone else, and quickly wove around other Ministry workers.

"Arthur!" she called, her hand waving above the crowd. "Arthur!" Mr. Weasley turned around, a bright smile on his face when he saw her. She caught up to him, slightly out of breath. "Remus mentioned the Quidditch World Cup. Said you needed to talk to me about it."

"Ah, yes!" Arthur chimed as they entered one of the lifts, gold bars sealing them in. "I spoke to Kingsley about having you come with us as a precaution since Harry will be with us." Eleonora nodded as Arthur continued. "I spoke to Kingsley about it, and he told me it was alright as long as you consented to it as well."

"Alright," she smiled. "Thank you, Arthur. I'll be sure to bring it up to him."

She watched as he got off at his level, her stomach dropping as she held on tight to the rungs above her, the lift dropping to level two. Eleonora stepped out of the lift, immediately going to her office and opening the window to let the fresh air in and the stuffy air out. She took a seat, shuffling through paperwork and new reports of possible dark wizards and witches.

A knock on the door sounded. Confused, she looked up. "Erm...Come in!" The door opened and she perked up, her eyes wide. "Kingsley! I-erm-was just about to come see you."