Chapter 3: Special Day

Johnny woke up early that morning sneaking out of his and Y/N's bedroom making sure not to wake her. He made a call to her favorite breakfast place and made a reservation, then quickly grabbed a bag of presents from the craft store for her along with some flowers and set it up in their room on her desk so it would be the first thing she would see.

He snuck back into bed laying down facing her, at first, he debated on waking her up since she looked so beautiful asleep but today was the day, he was going to ask her to be his forever...

Y/N woke up to the feeling of soft kisses being lightly placed all over her face. She shook her head and buried her face more into the pillow laying on her stomach, turning away from Johnny. He soon leaned over her, placing soft kisses on her shoulders, he could feel her fighting the urge to laugh. Finally, she opened her eyes and turned her head to see him smiling at her.

"Good morning, Pidge"

"Good morning my love..." she said softly as she stretched and looked to her desk seeing the bag and flowers "What is that--" Y/N got up throwing the covers over Johnny and ran to her desk looking in the bag. It was all material for scrapbooking and other fun little crafts. Johnny pulled the covers off taking her polaroid camera and snapping a photo of her all excited about her gift.

"That's a keeper" he took the photo and put it on her desk

"Thank you, my love." she wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him still smiling

They pulled apart and got ready for the day. Johnny took her to her favorite place and bought them breakfast, catching up. Y/N was really excited to see what else Johnny had planned for their day together, he had not looked at his phone once or did any interviews when people spotted them walking to the breakfast place.

Soon he took her on a carriage ride through Central Park, and they waved 'hi' to all of their friends as they went around. Johnny held Y/N close to him and took another polaroid of them on the ride. He knew she would want to scrapbook this day especially so he made it his second job to snap as many photos as he could.

Y/N laid her head on Johnny's shoulder holding his hand. She listened to Johnny tell stories about missions that she did not go with him on, he enjoyed telling her the stories, she always thought his plans were clever and gave him a few ideas for the future especially how to be a little safer instead of just doing without thinking first.

She helped him learn how to see the different angles of the problem when he goes out on missions. Johnny soon told the man driving the carriage to stop at the "Metropolitan Museum of Art"

"Come on Pidge, this is our next stop!"

Johnny grabbed Y/N's hand helping her out of the carriage and walked up the steps to the doors of the museum. She had the biggest smile on her face taking photos with her polaroid of the things they saw, Johnny being silly and some of the both of them as Johnny also took some of her.

They soon walked over to the fashion section of the museum, Y/N was in awe of the jewels and the gowns looking at every detail. Johnny knew this was the perfect moment so he walked up to one of the security guards asking if he could take their photo. He tiptoed behind Y/N and lightly touched her hand making her turn to see him on his knee holding the box with the ring he chose for her in it but closed.

"Johnny what're you--"

"Y/N Grimm, you are my best friend and the love of my life. I have loved you since that moment in eighth grade when we watched lady and the tramp. It got to the part where they were at the zoo, and I turned to look at you. You had the biggest smile on your face watching your favorite movie and I just knew in that moment I was in love with you. Every time you laugh or smile or even pout, I fall more in love with you. I love that I can talk to you about just anything, even the most random things that pop out of my mind. I love that whenever you find a new book to read you read it aloud for me to hear, I love that you're never afraid to call me out on my shit. And I love that I am the luckiest guy to have a woman like you Y/N love me back. Y/N Grimm... Will you marry me?"