apples core

I woke up and took out my note book and writing utensils. I worked a bit more on my map, I stopped once I felt a tug on the end of my nightgowns sleeve. "Well good morning," I say laying my writing utensil down and away from my map. "Good morning... Can...can we get some food?.." she asked holding her stomach, as if on cue I heard a small growling noise. I stood up and smiled. "Yes we can, we can also get you something to wear beside those rags." I stated sitting her on the bed. She went to the bathroom and put the outfit she had on the day before. I put on my out fit it was one of my favorite ones to be honest. Once she stepped out I grabbed some of the money and shut and locked the door. As we walked down the steps some strange people were down in the lobby, having what I assume was their breakfast. Me and Eri walked past them, and continued into the more restaurant like part in the tavern. We sat at the booth and looked at the menu. " Uhm miss (y/n)?" She looked at me setting down the menu. "Yes Eri?" I say looking at her with my eyebrows furrowed. " I can't read...I don't know how." She said, her cheeks were getting red and her eyes were getting puffy. "Oh, I'm sorry Eri, here let me help you." As we discussed what we wanted to eat. The waiter came, we gave them our orders and patiently waited. I got this bad feeling in my stomach, I just thought it was where I haven't ate. As me and Eri got our meals and ate the (hot/cold) meals. I saw what looked like a guard talking to our waiter. "Eri are you full or finished?" I asked bouncing my leg. " Mhm! Thank you." She said smiling. "Anytime but now we gotta go," I laid the money we owed on the table and we both booked it back to my room. Luckily the lady and I had worked out that each night I wanted to stay I had to pay her that morning. I only paid her for one night, and that is all I'll be staying. I hadn't gotten the chance to unpack, and I just threw what ever I took out back in the bags. Eri was waiting at the door. I walked out and looked back. I mentally ran through a checklist in my head as we walked out. THE MAP!! I forgot the map!!!! Eri seemed to notice my destress and ran back to the room. I waited anxiously as she seemed to be taking a while. Just then she ran down holding my map looking panicked. "They are coming!!" She screamed. As we both ran out I noticed a small carriage, I realized it was one for mountain rides, mother and father used to take me on those high speed mountain rides when I was younger! I ran over and got in the horse, I tied the bags and made sure Eri was succuerly buckled in. I attached it the the harness of the horse. I grabbed the reigns and we quickly rode off into the mountains. "Who are they?!" Eri looked at me with an ocean of tears rolling out of her eyes. "I don't know!! Hang on!!" I yelled back as we hit a rock witch made the cart fly for a minute. It landed with Eri's scream scream ringing in my ears.
We ride down some more trails, it made the cart look unidentifiable, the horse looked extremely common, so that was good aswell. We continued to ride until we reached another town. That's when I got the idea, I put a hood over my head and continued into the town.