The uniter

I felt sick in the following months, I felt like this child was eating me from the inside out.
Finally after 9 grueling months...it was time. I was rushed by my sister and husband to the hospital. I was ecstatic to see my baby. I was to focused on my breathing to notice my sisters husband driving the carriage. "Sister dear where are we going?" I asked hesitantly.
"Oh hush Jolene honestly you think we were going to just give you a baby? Hah!" She laughed.
I want to look at my husband before I felt a crack on the back of my head. It was blurred.

(Back to your pov)
I walked with eri through the meadow of wildflowers. I wanted to give her some peace and freedom today. I sit near a tree with a book in hand, letting her go and play in the flowers. I smile as I watch her roll down a hill. Over, and over again. I begin to read my book, still making sure she's safe.

It's been very peaceful ever since I left that stone prison they call a castle. I get letters of course. They are just checking on eri, Seeing if I need anything, or wanted to persuade me to come back. I feel free finally, I'm not ready to give that up.
I hear a trumpet in the distance as a large golden carriage pulls into my view. I watch as it turns and halts. I wasn't going to lie I was curious who was in it. It was a royal carriage lathers in gold varnish and various golden works.
The drive hops down and opens the door. It was a lady with dress or white and red. Her hair was long and a silvery white that was elegant in every way. She walked to me smiling, "hello my dear." She smiled at me. Eri was hidden behind me. "Need not to fear, I am Queen Rei Todoroki." She gave a curtsy. I gave one back in respect. "Come in I suppose," I mumble to her as I guide her inside the cottage.

She sat on the couch as I prepared tea. "All I have is green tea, wasn't expecting you." I tell her. My tone passive aggressive.
"I came to try my luck with you dear." She states.
"Oh?" I look at her.
"Yes, see we need you back. "
I was confused and laughed, "as if I'm going back, with all do respect I will not go back to that place." I cross my arms
"We need you- "
I cut her off, "I'm not going!" I tell her raising my tone.
"Listen!" She hushed me.
"There is something wrong with this land, our quirks aren't as they are supposed to be. My son Shoto hasn't been able to use his ice in a month or so."
I listen to her.
"When you came it was memorable, they seemed happy. Please if they shall be normal at least let them be happy..I beg you."
I sat silently processing everything.
I wonder why the quirks aren't working and what is causing it? Is it temporary or permanent?
My thought we shoved aside when she gently took my hand in her own. I winced as a pinch was at my ring finger on my left hand.. when she removed her hands there was an icy ring.
"You are the uniter of our kingdoms, please come home.." she looked sad.
"I.."

———————————————
Can't believe I'm actually writing ✍️
Thanks for reading!