Chapter 7

The next day, Calvin went to visit Chad while Meg and Sam were looking for wedding dresses.

Calvin knew the entrance code to Chad's apartment, but every time he entered it, it was wrong.

So he had to knock.

Chad answered the door and said "Hey, Cal. You know you don't have to knock now that Meg is living with me".

"I know, but the code isn't working" said Calvin.

"What? Nonsense. You probably just entered it wrong" said Chad.

He tried it but it didn't work.

"Oh, dear. I don't know what happened, mate" said Chad.

"Don't worry about it. I've been hot-wiring cars for a while now. I can figure out this issue and fix your keypad" said Calvin.

"Thanks, Cal. I don't want Meg to be locked out of my apartment when she gets back" said Chad.

Calvin looked at the keypad and he knew what happened to it in almost an instant.

"Oh. I knew it. Charles Wallace changed the code" he said.

"Are you sure?" said Chad.

"Yeah. It's now a bunch of nines. And he's nine years old" said Calvin.

"Oh, blimey. How does that boy do it?" said Chad.

"I dunno, but I have to put him right" said Calvin.

He knocked on Jeremy's apartment door and said "Charles Wallace, I know what you did! Now change the code back!"

Charles Wallace opened the door with a cheeky grin.

"Well! Powder me in sugar and call me a donut! If it isn't Calvin O'Keeffe" he said.

"Charles Wallace, I'm warning you. I can play this game too you know" said Calvin.

"If this game is like your 3D chess game, you're way out of your length, width and depth" sassed Charles Wallace.

He turned back and said "Jeremy, get the Neosporin! Somebody just got burned!"

Calvin shrugged and said "Alright. I tried".

"Alright, I tried. That should be the title of your autobiography. Ooh! A second-degree burn!" said Charles Wallace.

"Now that's enough, Charles!" scolded Chad. 

Jeremy came out and said "I got the Neosporin. Who got hurt?"

"It's a good thing you're famous" said Charles Wallace.