Chapter 18

The doctor came back and said "Miss Murry, Mr Lennon, Mr Harrison, Mr Starr?"

"Here I am" said Meg.

"It wasn't a heart attack. Merely a fainting spell from shock and joy" said the doctor.

"Oh thank god. He did mean it" said Meg.

"Mean what?" said Chad.

"That our engagement is fantastic" said Meg.

"Can we see him?" said John.

"I'd say so, but he said he wants to see a blonde boy in glasses first" said the doctor.

"Me? Why me?" said Chad.

"I don't know. Good luck" said the doctor.

Chad walked into Paul's hospital room.

"Paul? I'm here" he said.

"Chad. Listen. I'm sorry if my excitement for you and Meggie was a little disconcerting" said Paul.

"It's okay, but it really had me worried. We thought you had a heart attack" said Chad.

"Well, I'm the most emotional Beatle so I'm told" said Paul.

"Apparently, you're told correct" said Chad.

Paul laughed and said "Listen. I've learned my lesson. I'm not traumatized by the fact that Meg fell in love with a great guy".

"Great? You think I'm great?" said Chad.

"Of course. You're pretty much a male version of Meg" said Paul.

"Well. Hospitalization really agrees with you" said Chad modestly.

"No, I mean it. From everything you said in that restaurant we went to, you are" said Paul.

"Thanks" said Chad.

"You're welcome. You really are a great guy. Meg is lucky to have you" said Paul.

"Thanks, Paul. That's the nicest thing I've heard all day" said Chad.

"Yeah, well... it's probably the nicest thing I've said to anyone Meg dated after me" said Paul.

Chad laughed and said "Well, I'm glad the breakup taught you something".

Paul smiled and held out his hand.

Chad shook Paul's hand and smiled back.

"But Meg is still the one who got me back on my feet when I met her. You take care of her, you hear?" said Paul.

"I promise" said Chad.