Chapter 19

Pretty soon, Paul was allowed to go home.

But back at the apartment building, Theodore was sitting on Chad's couch.

"Should we run?" said Meg.

"And leave him to trash my apartment?" said Chad.

"Okay... I'll leave. Send me a telegram in the morning if you're still alive" said Meg.

Chad shook his head then stepped toward Theodore.

"Uh... Theodore? How long exactly are you planning to stay here?" said Chad.

"Given how comfortable your couch is, a day longer than I thought" said Theodore.

Calvin came in for a visit.

"Um... who's that?" he said.

"I'm Theodore. You're the Calvin kid that the little guy is getting revenge on?" said Theodore.

"Oh, that little jerk. I should have known he was still getting revenge on me" said Calvin.

"What are you gonna do? This man can't stay here" said Chad.

"I'll go talk to him" said Calvin.

He went across the hall and pounded on Jeremy's door.

"Charles Wallace, get out here!" Calvin shouted.

Charles Wallace answered and said "What's the word, hummingbird?"

"The word is enough! Please get that man out of Chad's apartment!" said Calvin.

"It's revenge! You went out of your way to hurt me!" Charles Wallace shouted.

"Well, you refused to leave anything for me!" Calvin shouted back.

"Dividing our belongings is difficult!" said Charles Wallace.

Sam came up and said "What's happening now?"

"Charles Wallace is getting revenge on me for wanting to keep something" said Calvin.

"Buddy, you're being a little selfish" said Sam.

"I really didn't mean to be, but I hate dividing our stuff. It's really hard" said Charles Wallace.

"So hard it's starting a fight?" said Sam.

"Maybe" said Charles Wallace.