217. A Guest

Qi Le’an went home alone. The lights at home were filled with warmth. Wei Changfeng had cooked dinner and was waiting for him at home.

Even if they had been together for many years, Wei Sama wouldn’t ask him about anything. They gave each other some personal space and respected each other’s privacy.

Therefore, when Qi Le’an came back with his eyes bright with tears, Wei Changfeng didn’t ask him at all.

“Are you hungry? Since it’s too hot, I have made some iced mung bean soup. Go and have some soup first, and I’ll ladle rice into the bowls.”

Qi Le’an loved to drink iced mung bean soup, and the sweet mung bean ice was even a particular favorite of his.

Wei Changfeng took out the dessert from the fridge. There was crushed ice and sugar water in the soup, so it was extremely flavorsome to drink!

Qi Le’an was drinking the soup bit by bit with the spoon while Wei Changfeng put the dishes on the table. It was hot in summer, and what Wei Sama cooked was some food that was not heavy or greasy.

As they ate, Qi Le’an suddenly said, “Wei Sama, let’s go see my parents tomorrow, okay?”

Wei Changfeng didn’t stop eating and said, “Okay.”

At night, Qi Le’an was lying on the bed and couldn’t sleep. He managed to have a regular routine, but now it was becoming disordered again. Qi Le’an was tossing and turning on the bed, and Wei Changfeng naturally couldn’t sleep either.

The moon was bright and the stars were few, and Qi Le’an whispered, “Wei Sama.”

“What?”

“Wei Sama.”

“Yes…”

“When I went back home today… I found a letter.” Once Qi Le’an opened his mouth, the desire to confiding in someone was very strong. Qi Le’an said, “Do you still remember? It was the one lost in the law firm that my dad and mom wrote to me.”

“You found it at home?” Wei Changfeng was a little surprised, “Wasn’t it stolen?”

“Yes,” Qi Le’an did not explain, “I found it at home… and I know that my parents love me very much.”

He whispered to Wei Changfeng in a very low voice.

Wei Changfeng was silent for a moment before saying softly, “Anyone who sees you, Le’an, will love you. I also love you very much. Since your parents were gone, I’ll love you for them too.”

Qi Le’an revealed his first smile after a few days.

“I just want to tell you about it. You won’t think that it’s disgraceful, right?”

Wei Changfeng smiled and said, “You can tell me anything you want.”

Qi Le’an couldn’t help but think that he was clearly a man in his twenties. This, coupled with the time of his last life, made him be roughly the same age as Wei Changfeng, but he always acted like a child beside Wei Sama.

That night, Qi Le’an told Wei Changfeng a lot about his childhood. He clearly couldn’t remember it, but it became so distinct when he told it to him.

He told him that his grandfather had taken him back home to catch tadpoles, that his father had brought him a particularly delicious toffee, and that his mother had been coaxing him to sleep in the hot summer night. Everything was a just trivial matter.

But these trivialities formed his unique childhood.

Wei Changfeng listened quietly by his side and made some “emm” from time to time. In the end, Qi Le’an felt dopey and drowsy when he was speaking and he became distantly aware that it was dawn.