228. Surgery

As a patron of Little Orange, Qi Le’an and his assistant went to the hospital in the next few days. Nowadays, heart surgery for young children was a particularly perfect operation. The doctors quickly drew up the operation plan and Little Orange was also admitted to hospital.

Qi Le’an directly paid for a high-grade single ward for Little Orange. He even asked the doctor about the situation of her throat privately.

The doctor was also confused and said, “Her vocal cords are completely fine. She can also make a sound. It’s probably a psychological problem since she doesn’t speak.”

Thinking of Little Orange’s background, the doctor added, “Of course, the possibility that she is a late talker cannot be ruled out.”

Qi Le’an nodded, feeling a little worried. Little Orange was three years old and she should have known to speak now even if she was a late talker. He had also seen An Cheng quietly teach Little Orange to call him brother, and Little Orange opened her mouth but couldn’t make a sound.

Although he was worried, Qi Le’an was smiling when he saw the child. Little Orange changed into the patient’s uniform and was sitting on the bed playing a doll. At the same time, An Cheng was staring at her beside her.

Qi Le’an went over and touched An Cheng’s head, then he sat down at the side of the bed and said to Little Orange, “Today, the nurse has praised you for being very docile!”

Little Orange raised her head and smiled a little shyly.

Qi Le’an felt her so cute. How could God let such a good child suffer?

An Cheng climbed down the stool beside them and asked for a candy to give it to his sister. Little Orange reached out to take it, but Qi Le’an asked, “How many candies did you eat today? Didn’t Mrs. Zhao say that you could only eat three a day?”

Mrs. Zhao and Qi Le’an’s assistant went to check in, and there was only one adult, Qi Le’an, in the ward.

Hearing Qi Le’an’s words, Little Orange looked at the candy disappointedly, wanting to take it but not daring to do it.

An Cheng, who handed the candy to Little Orange, stood his ground embarrassedly and pursed his lips tightly.

When Qi Le’an saw it, he knew that the child was starting to be nervous again, so he took the candy from An Cheng’s hand and said, “I tell you what, I will help you save the candy for the rest of the day and you can eat it tomorrow, okay?”

An Cheng nodded. Little Orange looked at the candy and swallowed hard.

Qi Le’an suddenly said, getting a brainstorm, “Little Orange, if you call me brother, I’ll give you the candy.”

An Cheng’s eyes lit up as well and both of them stared at Little Orange.

The expression on Little Orange’s face was particularly awkward. Qi Le’an so nervous he wouldn’t say boo to a goose and he watched as the little girl opened her mouth slowly.

However, Little Orange couldn’t make a sound after she opened her mouth.

Qi Le’an was a little disappointed, but he looked at Little Orange’s innocent eyes and said, “It’s fine. It’s fine if you can’t say it out. Don’t be afraid.”

At one side, An Cheng grabbed Little Orange’s hand. Qi Le’an looked at the two children and felt particularly warm.

Perhaps it was Wei Changfeng who asked someone to let the hospital know it that Little Orange’s operation was quickly arranged. After three days in the hospital, she had finished all the preoperative examinations and the doctors were also ready to perform the operation. The night before the operation, Qi Le’an’s heart suddenly palpitated, which stirred him from sleep, and he instantly sat up.