207. The Rescue

The two of them stayed at the volunteer’s house for the night. The next day, they gathered with the others and set off for the village.

Including Qi Le’an, Wei Changfeng and He Guang, there were a total of nine people on the team of volunteers. There were men and women, some had lost their children, and some were just volunteers. Seeing Qi Le’an and Wei Changfeng, they got really excited, Wei Changfeng told them some interesting stories when he was acting in movies and everyone laughed. With the great morale, they headed to the village.

With Qi Le’an and Wei Changfeng on the team, they decided to change their plan from performing a scientific research to looking for a scene for a film. The nine people were in four cars. As soon as they entered the village, they were watched by the villagers.

He Guang took the lead and showed the head of the villager his identifications. When he said that they wanted to shoot a movie here, the village head was suspicious of it. But when Wei Changfeng and Qi Le’an shwoed up, the young men in the village turned excited, especially the son of the village head who was yelling, “Wei Changfeng! Qi Le’an! Dad! They are really celebrities!”

A group of villagers suddenly came up to take photos and asked for signatures. The volunteers had to block them and said, “Everyone! Don’t rush! If we confirm to shoot the movie here, the two movie stars will have to stay here for a few months!”

In fact, the villagers might not know Wei Changfeng and Qi Le’an. They were just wanting to “take a picture with the stars”.

The identities of Wei Changfeng and Qi Le’an had indeed let the village head’s guard down. He chased out other people, leaving only a few people with prestige in the village. He Guang was not nervous at all. He pretended to be a producer and talked to everyone about the movie. He stressed that the movie was very beneficial. The venue rental payment would be equal to a whole year’s income of a family from fishing.

“However… there are many fishing villages, so we have to make a choice…”

The village head wanted the profit very much and he immediately treated the volunteers as honourable guests, saying, “Then, what do you need if you are to shoot a movie here?”

He Guang said while pretending to be serious, “The director wants us to record the real life of the village. He asks the two leading actors to stay in a family of the village for a while to experience life! I wonder if any family in our village can help with it.”

Seeing that the village head hesitated for a while, He Guang added, “Of course, we are paying for the food and accommodation. A thousand RMB a day for the two actors!”

The villagers beside widened their eyes and shouted, “Choose me! Choose me! My house is good!”

“Oh My God!  A thousand RMB a day! Even fishing on the sea for a whole month nonstop might not make a thousand RMB!”

The villager head was overwhelmed by the power of money, “We can do it! We can surely do it!”

He Guang looked at Wei Changfeng and Qi Le’an and asked, “Mr. Wei, what do you think?”

The group shifted their gazes to Wei Changfeng.

Wei Changfeng smiled and said, “I’m fine with this village. The environment is very consistent with the script. It’s just that I don’t know if there’s a family with children. We need a son who is around eleven or twelve years old, and a daughter who is seven or eight years old.”

“We have a son and a daughter!” As soon as Wei Changfeng finished his words, a rough guy with fine clothes stepped out and said, “My son and daughter both meet the requirements! Stay at my house please!”