Chapter 34

Chen Zeming stepped back and immediately looked around

Chen Zeming stepped back and immediately looked around. The black-clothed scribe saw through his thoughts and said respectfully and softly: "I will not force the general. This choice should be made by the general himself."
  Chen Zeming did not speak but looked at him silently.
  The two-faced each other for a while and the black-clothed scribe lowered his head, "Then I'll come back in a few days..." Then he bowed his head and bowed out.

  Fang walked a few steps, the previous jailer rushed in and said, "How long does it take me?" The
  black scribe laughed, "I haven't seen General Chen for a long time, so I can't help but say a few more words..." The
  jailer said: "Even if it is selling the face of Mr. Xu, the jail is not a commonplace!" There was a bit of complaint in those words.
  The black-robed scribe said: "Yes, I dare not do it next time." The
  jailer stunned, "My lord, there is another time."
  That Master Xu was just a principal of the Criminal Ministry, saying that the black-robed scribe was Chen Zeming. Old friends, come to visit after hearing the news. The jailer didn't dare to offend, so he pushed the boat along the way and made a personal affection. In fact, the sky is very tight and there is no way to get in. The people from the Chen Mansion came several times and spent a lot of money, but there was no one in the court, so they were still blocked. This person actually wanted to run inside again and again, but he didn't know how to live or die.
  Seeing his unkind expression on his face, the black-clothed scribe hurriedly said, "This is a tribute to the official, and the official must accept it."
  Although the jailer said hard, he was unavoidable to be moved when he saw the white silver and pretended to decline. I accepted it after a few sentences.

  Chen Zeming stood there in a daze, hearing the two pushings and pushing, gradually drifting away, no longer heard.
  After a while, the jailer turned back and locked the prison door, and Chen Zeming suddenly called him: "...This...Master, how many days have I been in?" The
  jailer turned his head in surprise.
  After entering the prison, Chen Zeming seldom spoke. He was lost all day long and hit the wall with headaches. After a few days, everyone talked, saying that the general was a little crazy. Seeing that the general who had retired from the Huns and led hundreds of thousands of soldiers fell into such a field, they couldn't help sighing.
  This jailer on duty had also heard these words, and it was a big surprise to see that he was so sane and non-exceptional at this moment. In addition, he had divided up the money sent by the Chen Mansion, so he was very kind when he answered: "It's been eight days since I
  told my sir ." Chen Zeming nodded and didn't speak again.

  At night, Chen Zeming tossed and turned, still unable to sleep.
  The words of the black-clothed scribes and Yang Ruqin's words were ringing in his ears. He sat up, the injury on his shoulder hurt him, and he took it forcibly without saying a word.
  Lu Yan was right. The emperor couldn't use him anymore. Even if he had the heart to protect him, the court and the opposition would not be able to tolerate a great minister who had killed the emperor. Besides, this man has never been such a benevolent monarch.
  So, is that what happened to me? So much humiliation, so much endurance, everything changed to what it is today?
  Chen Zeming closed his eyes. His pain came from the kind of unwillingness deep in his heart. He hated that person like this, but he couldn't say it, couldn't show it, and the emperor also put on a benevolent gesture of forgetting the past, deep in the palace. Waiting for him to bend his knees and bow his head.
  In this person's heart, how far can he be trampled?
  He couldn't think about it, it was utterly cold.

  And Lu Yan was too cunning. He saw that he had nowhere to go, and then smiled and stood on the edge of the cliff, stretching out his hand to himself. Knowing that he had made a mistake, he was indispensable.
  But can he betray his country, can he betray his relatives, can he face such accusations and shame? Can he use a sword against his comrades who have moved forward and retreated side by side? Can he use horseshoes to trample on the homeland where he was born and raised?

  One is the king and the other is the enemy. They persecuted him from different directions, forced him to retreat step by step, forced him to have no foothold, and forced him to be speechless.
  Why, because one of them is an emperor and the other is a prince, are they born noble?
  If they lose power, can they still be so arrogant?
  He buried his head deeply, he had never thought about his sufferings so clearly, and he carefully looked at the scenes without letting go and reopened his wounds a little bit mercilessly.
  Even if it hurts the heart, even if it is unbearable.
  He needs to see clearly why he has come to such a situation today.

  He just sat till dawn.
  He was alarmed when the jailer opened the chain of the prison door. He seemed to be awakened from a dream, looking up in a daze, watching the jailer put his job in front of the wooden fence.
  In that bowl are two steamed buns that can't be seen white.
  Chen Zeming stood up, walked slowly to the door, squatted down and reached out to pick up the two buns, and looked at it silently for a while.
  This stone-hard food smelled strange, it seemed to be a bit rotten, and I didn't know when it was made, but it was even served for people to eat.
  Look, this is the case with mermaid meat, there is no choice.
  Chen Zeming stuffed the steamed bun into his mouth and swallowed it in one bite.
  Father, you are wrong.
  Loyalty, the word is a joke.
  I have used half of my life to prove it... there

  will be no more loyalty like that, that Chen Zeming is dead.
  However, he wants to live.

  Three days later, he waited for the black scribe.

=My Note=

Hello Tonetteyn is here

please comment down below of this sentence your feedback about how I post this chapter if there is some problem regarding this chapter so I can fix it up and improve also this is my first time doing this stuff so sorry if there is any mistake regarding in this post

- Tonetteyn

𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞...