Chapter 113

32. Three days later, the covenant was concluded.
  For more than a month, the uninterrupted chattering and bargaining between the envoys of the two countries finally came to an end. From the day the agreement was concluded, the armies of the two countries each retreated a hundred miles, and in the days after that, they could no longer move forward at will.
  In this written covenant written on the dragon-patterned silk brocade, the Chinese and Huns called each other brothers and agreed not to commit each other within ten years, and at the same time opened up border trade between the two countries.
  In fact, this peace lasted longer than people thought. A few years later, the re-emerged black brigade stationed on the border, like a dagger in the throat of an enemy who was about to move, three consecutive successors after Antu stumbled before the dream of conquering, all because of this powerful brigade.
  The long-lasting peace has created a rare peace and prosperity. In the following hundred years, countless words and dramas have appeared among the people to describe this wonderful history of ups and downs. Of course, the most striking figure is Xiao Ding, the only emperor who has been an emperor twice during the three hundred years of the heavenly dynasty.
  After the crisis was lifted, Xiao Ding's prestige became more prestigious than before, and everyone's expectations were returned. So far, his legitimacy as the Ninth Five-Year Lord no longer dares to question. The case of arson and extinguishment of relatives a few years ago automatically turned into a rumor, and gradually disappeared in the dust of history, no one mentions it.
  In many cases, justice will give way to power, especially when people want it to be so.

  Of course, these are just things to follow.
  When Yang Ruqin and the others, who had completed their mission and happily returned home, arrived at the military camp of the Celestial Army, what appeared in front of them was hanging white and wailing everywhere. They were stunned to realize that long before they set off, the coach of the Heavenly Dynasty had been killed in the night attack due to his injuries. The camp remained secretive, and the mourning hall was not set up until the news of the success of the covenant came out.
  Dugu Hang, who had always been cold and reticent, cried bitterly in front of Chen Zeming.
  Although Yang Ruqin didn't have a close relationship with Chen Zeming since entering the official career, but after all he has known him for many years, it is inevitable to see this scene of sadness. He accidentally saw Duguhang looking at him, realizing that the friendship between the two had finally come to an end, and there was no turning point afterward.
  As a result, Yang Ruqin has become the highest-ranking official in the barracks at the moment and has the obligation to deal with and deal with the matter. He called Lu Congyun and asked why Lu Congyun had to cooperate with everyone to conceal this news when he set off by himself three days ago.
  Lu Congyun said the last person the Marshal killed during his lifetime was the assassin who shot him with a crossbow arrow. The assassin died with a sword in his chest, but in fact, there were two injuries on his body. The marshal cut off his throat before killing him, which is obviously better than revenge in the marshal's heart. He didn't want the news of his assassination to spread.
  Yang Ruqin understood it as soon as he heard it, and Chen Zeming didn't want any abnormalities at this moment to delay or disrupt the peace talks that could be settled with only one document.
  Lu Congyun said that although the guards killed all the assassins who showed up, there must be fish that slipped through the net, or they may still be near the barracks. Once they lose their lives, the news of the general's death will be spread out. The general has worked so hard. It was all in vain.
  Yang Ruqin looked at him for a long while and said, when did you think of it.
  Lu Congyundao is the fencing and singing of the marshal. The teenager initially thought that the commander did this to frighten the people, but the number of people who came was actually very small, and it seemed that there was no need for such bluffing. When he saw the boss sitting there...but he was actually dead, the young general realized that he probably did it to cover up the fact that he was about to die.
  Yang Ruqin was silent. He recalled the singing of that night. That laughter and singing seemed to be still in his ears. He really didn't expect that there would be Chen Zeming's last voice in it.

  Yang Ruqin wrote the results of the peace talks into memorials and sent them to the capital quickly.
  Then I made a separate sheet of Chen Zeming's assassination and packed the memorial that was not completed before Chen Zeming's assassination into the same package. A few days later, he appointed a temporary official in charge, and after arranging related matters, he handed the package to Lu Congyun and asked him to send someone to Beijing to go to Tianting immediately. This led everyone on the road.

  In the capital, Xiao Ding's health is not good these days.
  The medicines of the imperial doctors seemed to be more and more unable to suppress the poison in his body. Xiao Ding asked several times, and the answer from the imperial hospital was that the medicine was correct. Xiao Ding was annoyed in his heart. It's not wrong why he kept coughing at night, and his inability to sleep at night caused his mental exhaustion. He had to reduce the number of dynasties, from three days and one dynasty to five days and one dynasty.
  But when he was more comfortable, he tried his best to personally grade the memorial.
  Even so, the accumulated memorials on the desk are still piled up every day, and Xiao Ding only feels a headache when he looks at it.
  In the afternoon of that day, he took a short nap. When he got up, he was refreshed with rare spirits and moved to the study to continue his struggle. After reading a few letters, when I was a little dizzy, I suddenly saw a familiar word, I couldn't help but laugh, and look at it with energy.

  Chen Zeming wrote this book. After Chen Zeming chased the Huns out of the capital, there was little news. However, all the letters were ghostwriters. Xiao Ding knew that he must be busy in military affairs, but he still cared a little.
  At the kiss before leaving the teacher, Xiao Ding's heart had been on fire, when it was Chen Zeming's turn to tune in between them.
  But in the end, he still intends to be considerate of Chen Zeming, or this person has been bullied by himself for a long time, and he will not be able to reach for a while with inertia. Xiao Ding was determined in his heart. He had a way to let Chen Zeming know that he didn't want to force him. Didn't Chen Zeming like to be a loyal minister? Didn't he always expect to be appreciated by the monarch and come to a good story about the meeting between the monarchs and ministers?
  He can let Chen Zeming know that he already trusts him, isn't this what Chen Zeming wants most.
  Xiao Ding sometimes finds it weird. How he thought of him before, he felt that this person was suspicious, and every move he wanted to rebel, but he really confirmed his loyalty, but how pleasing to his eyes, once a person's thoughts change his position, his views There are actually quite different things.
  However, the news that came later made Xiao Ding, who had always been so calm, suddenly blackened. Chen Zeming actually let Xiao Jin go privately. It was not that Xiao Jin could not let it go because of any storms that this kid can now, but Chen Zeming actually did it. Regardless of the court's laws, dare to make such a claim.
  Chen Zeming has done a lot now, don't you put me in the eyes? Xiao Ding's inborn suspicion rushed out at once. He still suppressed himself, trying not to think about the bad things, but those hard parts in his heart would still remind him that whether this person is loyal or unfaithful, Now they are all hidden dangers.
  He immediately cut off Xiao Jin's crown, pretended to accuse Chen Zeming, and fined his salary. Of course, he was not really big-bellied and capable, but this anger could not be seen by others, otherwise, the superintendents would see it. The wind was in the wrong direction, and a group attacked, and he couldn't keep this person. Who told Chen Zeming you to be unscrupulous and give the flaws to others.
  Xiao Ding has done little in his life to wiping people's buttocks, and occasionally he found it strange to do such a thing. He picked up a pen and wrote a letter, half-jokingly asking Chen Zeming to find out Xiao Jin, and live to death. Want a corpse. He knows that Chen Zeming understands this kind of beating. What he really means is peace and quiet. I know what you are doing.
  Is this the answer?
  Xiao Ding looked at the memorial in his hand, but it didn't mention a word about Xiao Jin.

  Chen Zeming's words are the same as people, square and upright. What he said is that he had been in the border for many years and found three dangerous places. If he can set up important towns and form horns with each other, he can contain future raids from the north. . Xiao Ding looked at it and his expression became solemn. He knew what Chen Zeming meant. The covenant was set, but no one knew how many years there would be peace. It is a good thing to plan ahead, and it is rare that Chen Zeming has this foresight.
  The strange thing is that when I saw halfway, the handwriting suddenly broke. Did not even write the signature.
  Xiao Ding looked over and over for a long while, only to feel unhappy, Chen Zeming actually handed in an unfinished memorial? This is too careless. He thought he could put on airs now with the merits of expelling the Xiongnu. What is a high-level mastery? This is really a living example. This is a memorial for a courtier, so you don't have to read it before you hand it over, and you don't even read it by your staff.
  Xiao Ding threw the zigzag to the ground, and the eunuch standing beside him jumped in horror. He was bending over to pick it up. Xiao Ding said, "Don't pick it up, just put it there." After that, he
  continued to look down.
  The next letter is from Yang Ruqin, saying that the peace talks have been successful and the covenant has been formed.
  This news has long been spread to Beijing by oral message, but this kind of formal notice in writing still makes Xiao Ding hard to contain the ecstasy in his heart. After all, this achievement is no more warfare, it is success and fame, it is the unity of all people, and it is this position that has finally been firmly established.
  He thought for a while, and then suddenly said to the eunuch, "Pick up the memorial."
  The servant was surprised and went down to pick it up quickly.
  Taking it further down, the next letter was actually Yang Ruqin's. On the memorial, Yang Ruqin asked him to immediately appoint a coach for the garrison troops, because the former coach Chen Zeming was assassinated on the eve of the peace talks.
  Xiao Ding could hardly believe his eyes. He repeatedly read the words that were assassinated and died ten times, and after making sure that he had read the name correctly, he went to look at the name, but the three words "Chen Zeming" were clearly written on it. Suddenly he felt that he was probably asleep, and he clearly saw Chen Zeming's paperwork just now.
  What the hell is Yang Ruqin doing?

  The eunuch picked up the memorial on the ground and was about to put it on the table when Xiao Ding took it over.
  Xiao Ding opened the unfinished memorial, and when he saw those unusually familiar handwritings again, he suddenly understood why the memorial was not finished.
  He does not look eunuch Look, can not help but to glance at his face, the look can not help but shout, "Long live, long live!"
  Xiao mind being given a clue unexamined reason is not clear, could not hear each other loud, can not help but Angry, the eunuch's voice trembled, and pointed to his face, "Blood... Long live! There is blood!"
  Xiao Ding felt that something warm in his mouth and nose slowly crawled down. He stretched out his hand and touched it. The blood of the hand made him stand up in shock.
  With this rash movement, something seemed to rush out of the throat suddenly, and he couldn't stop it anymore and squirted out all at once. The blood fell on the memorial, filling up those unwritten areas at once, and then slowly flowing down.
  The eunuchs all screamed.
  Xiao Ding shook for a few moments, looked at the terrifying bloodstain in a dim, and couldn't help thinking that this was like what he had written before his death.

The author has something to say:
finally kicked out~~