Chapter 96

15. However, after stepping on the threshold, Chen Zeming did not see Xiao Ding.
  The other party probably left from the side hall. This recognition allowed the inexplicable turbid air in Chen Zeming's chest to finally disperse, and his mind became clearer.
  Welcoming is a young eunuch from the Superintendent of Rites named Cao Chenyu. When Xiao Jin was reigning, this man was the eunuch who served as the eunuch, often following Shengjia. I met Chen Zeming quite a few times, and the two of them were quite close.
  Even though Chen Zeming was in despair at this time, it is rare that Cao Chenyu's attitude was as humble as before, with little change. Chen Zeming was moved, and the two exchanged a few words, then settled down, and Cao Chenyu watched the tea. Chen Zeming didn't know that the little eunuch who was shot by Xiao Jinjian was Cao Chenyu's godson. Cao Chenyu has always had a good opinion of Chen Zeming because of this. Even if he loses power, he will not fall into the trap. At this moment, Cao Chenyu's status is different from that of the past, and he has been promoted by Xiao Ding to the position of chief executive, admiral, and eunuch. Chen Zeming's news was blocked and he didn't know, until he saw the strangely respectful attitude of others to him, he guessed it later.

  Soon someone from the palace held up two stacks of memorials and sent them to Chen Zeming.
  When Chen Zeming looked at the scroll in front of him, he felt inexplicable, and Cao Chenyu said, "This is Long
  Live appointing the army to pass the goal." The general was called out, and Chen Zeming smiled wryly.
  Cao Chenyu said softly, "The general should take a look. It's easy to deal in front of Long live." He was vague and didn't say who was going to deal with. Wanting to come means he himself and also hints that Chen Zeming should not try to get through.
  Chen Zeming didn't want to embarrass others, he just looked at the two repetitions and hesitated for a moment, then picked up a volume in his hand. Xiao Ding not only called him into the palace, but also named him by name, but he couldn't avoid it. Why not take a look.
  Cao Chen waved his hand, and the eunuchs withdrew with him, closing the door with his backhand.

  Chen Zeming heard the sound of falling bolts in his ears, but his eyes could no longer move away.
  In fact, since he saw the first sentence, his whole body became stiff. It reads "The Xiongnu had few casualties, and the army crossed the river overnight and went straight to the capital without stopping."
  Chen Zeming couldn't play the manual of the memorial. His eyes seemed to be caught by the words, and he could not help reading word by word. The heartbeat sounded like beating a drum, and there was a sound of bleeding in his ears. After reading the booklet in his hand in one breath, his face was as pale as paper, and he sat stupefy on the spot. After staying for a while, suddenly raised his hand again, took the lower copy, and continued to open it.
  The candlelight jumped, and the light and shadow alternated, illuminating the sickness between his brows and eyes.
  But he was tireless, just staring at the zigzag at hand and scanning it line by line, hungry and horrified.
  This stack of memorials was not high, he quickly finished reading it, and then his expression was confused and confused. After a long time at a loss, he reached out for another stack.
  When this one was opened, Chen Zeming was taken aback, and almost threw the memorial out like it was so hot.
  After a while, he finally opened it hesitantly. The more I look at it, the more ugly my face becomes, and it seems that he will fall down at any time. He flipped through a few books and finally couldn't support it.
  A palace maiden stopped him, "My lord, Grandpa Cao ordered, please stay here after reading it, and don't walk in the palace at night."
  Chen Zeming looked at the palace lady for a while, then slumped back to his seat after a while.

  At this moment, Xiao Ding did not sleep either.
  He summoned Chen Zeming into the palace, originally wanting to see him in person, but at the moment when he saw him standing under the steps, Xiao Ding suddenly changed his mind. This does not mean that he does not care about the progress of the matter. Soon, he waited for Cao Chenyu who rushed to reply to the letter.
  Cao Chenyu said that General Chen stayed up all night and sat in a daze in a chair.
  Xiao Ding gave an "en" and knocked on the table with the chess piece. On a whim, he found out the previously treasured chess book and wanted to follow the shop. I don't know why this book is played very slowly today. It seems that something is always distracting him.
  Cao Chenyu waited for a long while, Xiao Ding remembered something again: "Can you send the quilt?" Cao Chenyu said hurriedly: "Send it." Xiao Ding nodded. Cao Chen said: "But General Chen is probably unintentional sleep ......" Xiao fixed absently and said:. "Talk about it,"
  Cao minister to look into the holy:? "Long live, this is not the time that someone to persuade persuade General Chen instance ...... Young adults? "Xiao Ding seemed deaf and didn't answer for a long while.
  Cao Chenyu tentatively asked, "Will the minion find someone to leave the palace?"
  Xiao Ding raised his head and smiled. "Duke Cao seems to be very keen on this matter."
  Cao Chenyu was surprised and couldn't help being stunned.
  Xiao Ding stared at him for a moment, then slowly moved his gaze back to the chessboard, and there was a faint chill on his face that had narrowed his smile. Only then did Cao Chenyu wake up, and hurriedly plead guilty, "The slave deserves to die." As an inmate, he frequently interrupted in troubles, but when he got bigger, he was about to fall his head. Thinking about this, he was sweating all over.
  Xiao Ding left a few more times before he said, "As soon as the gate of the palace opens tomorrow morning, someone will send General Chen back to the house."
  Cao Chenyu heard that Long live didn't seem to have any intention of pursuing it. I dare not say any more. When he walked halfway, Xiao Ding's voice rang suddenly behind him, "You and Chen Zeming are very familiar?"
  Cao Chenyu buzzed his head, his heart sank, and quickly turned back and knelt, "The slave has been serving as the supervisor of the ceremony. , There are only a few sides to General Chen."
  Xiao Ding looked down at him for a long while, his expression gradually cold and gloomy, his eyes revealed suspiciousness, and Cao Chenyu was terrified.

  At dawn, Chen Zeming was awakened by the sound of opening the door. The person who came was Cao Chenyu, and he didn't talk much with Chen Zeming. He only said that the palace gate was opened. Long live went forward and asked him to arrange to send General Chen back to the house.
  Chen Zeming bowed his head and said nothing.
  He could not finish reading the last stack of zhezi. In fact, even without reading it, he knew what was written in the unopened memorials. He raised his head and said, "Grandpa Cao, Long live to call me into the palace just to see these two. Diezhezi?"
  Cao Chenyu smiled bitterly: "Hey, I really don't know, and the general should stop asking me."
  Seeing that he was embarrassed, Chen Zeming didn't ask anymore, and silently followed him out of the palace.

  By the time Chen Mansion arrived, the sky was already bright.
  He hadn't slept all night, and now he went home when he saw the bed fall down, but he was always restless. He woke up vaguely over and over again, one dream surrounded by another, boundless. He gritted his teeth for a long while in a daze. In the dimness, someone lightly held his hand and probed his forehead.
  He opened his eyes, and a delicate woman was sitting in front of the bed with a worried expression on her face. Looking down, the woman's abdomen was slightly raised, as if she was pregnant. Seeing him waking up, the woman whispered: "Master should take medicine."
  Chen Zeming sat up and whispered: "What time is it?"
  The woman said: "It's almost noon, the master has been sleeping like this, and he doesn't wake up. "Speaking and beckoning, the maid next to her brought the silver plate forward, and the woman took the medicine cup above it and blew it to her mouth. This woman was the concubine he had taken a few years ago, named Qingqing, and she is now pregnant. For some reason, Qingqing rarely goes out. Although outsiders know that there is such a person, very few people have seen the face of Qingqing.
  "At noon?" Chen Zeming turned his head and looked out the window. As expected, it was three poles in the sun outside, and the morning was gone. He held his head, only feeling groggy in his head, it seemed to fill his head with a paste, and the pain was vaguely felt when he thought about things.

  After the Battle of Zhaohuamen, he has been sick all day without knowing where he is. Every day is bowl after bowl of taking medicine, all day and night in bed, those stormy political changes seem to be separated from the high courtyard wall. This kind of muddle-headedness made him feel less panic and pain.
  However, probably because of too much sleep during the day, he always wakes up at night, and every time he opens his eyes, he sees the deep night outside the house, and the ghosts are surging in the unique darkness of midnight, sobbing endlessly, I don't know. How many heroic souls can't look down.
  He vaguely understood why these soups and medicines he drank were obviously made by famous doctors, but they were always ineffective? In many cases, how painful it is to be sober, and how happy it can be to be confused. If those debts really have to face, he can't bear the weight.
  However, he was awakened by the stabbing.
  When he entered the palace last night, the first pile he saw was the battle report, and the other pile was the memorabilia of his ministers.
  When he watched the battle report, he instinctively boiled with enthusiasm but was trembling with horror, and then opened another stack, the feeling of ice and fire finally turned into the chill of being in an ice cave.
  The handwriting of some people over there is very familiar. There are still some gift lists in the Chen Mansion, which were all given when he gained power and everyone clung to him. If you compare them one by one, many handwritings will be the same. How many people want to die on their own? Chen Zeming is not afraid of death. He just subconsciously feels that he doesn't want to look at it. Rather than looking at these things, he would rather lie down at home.
  After staying up all night, returning to Chen Mansion to take a nap, he felt better after all. After he became more clear-headed, he finally fully thought of an important question. What was Xiao Ding's intention to show him these things?
  He vaguely thought of a possibility, but he thought about it and found it unbelievable.
  Seeing him disturbed, Qingqing held back the maid and asked aloud.
  Chen Zeming was full of misgivings. Hearing her question, he blurted out: "Does he want to...let me play?!" As

  soon as the words came out, he was startled by the words he had said, and he couldn't move for a long time.
  To play? On the battlefield?
  ... He has almost forgotten these.
  He has been indulged in the officialdom of intrigue for too long, his vision has been muddy, he can't understand the straight, he doesn't know the direction, and he doesn't know when he has forgotten the goal he had been thinking of. He struggled in the dark river of human nature, and after several lives and deaths, the final result was that the loser became a bandit, and the rest was just the qualifications to linger. After such a fiasco, he was sharpened and flattened, like a walking dead, how could he remember the glory of the past.
  But the thought at the moment made him remember everything again.
  That perseverance to fight and fight, the cunning of tactics to lure the enemy, the ruthlessness of cutting the enemy with the sword, the pleasure of defeating the opponent...
  He started from the battlefield, thus became famous in the world, and then stepped up to the peak. As far as he is concerned, the battlefield, even though life and death are the same, life and death can only occur day and night, but it is really the most joyful and free and fair place in the world.
  ...Can go back? Can you really go back?
  He breathed heavily, afraid to move, lest he would break this beautiful illusion with a slight move.
  Qingqing looked up at him suspiciously, not knowing why.
  The sun shines in from outside the window, the brighter places become brighter, and the darker places become darker.

  One day later, the appointment of North Korea and China came out.
  In the decree, the name of the new city guard coach is Duan Qiyi. This is a little-known Du Yu Hou, the secretary of the palace, who served as a general under Yan Qing and fought the Xiongnu many times. He shouldn't have been assigned to this position in the first place, but at this moment, the generals in Beijing are extremely short, but the generals from the fifth rank are already the most suitable candidates at this time.
  At the same time, Yang Ruqin was secretly dispatched out of the city to join the army of King Qin. At the same time, a few days later, the newly appointed Superintendent and Eunuch Cao Chenyu were dismissed for investigation because of minor incidents.

The author has something to say: 

If you continue to change it, you will be dizzy. Thank you everyone for remembering this pit. I will end it. I will definitely do it. But I and everyone's wish. All the follow-up developments have been determined. Compared with the original one, there is a certain degree of improvement. Please forgive me for the modification. Adults who have been reprinted, please remember to replace the old chapters 13 and 14 of the third book, which are the first two chapters, otherwise, there will be problems with the continuity of the story. Thank you~~~^^Xiaochang ~~~