"Surpriseee Shawtyyy"

eileah

Later on in the day, I'm on the toilet, about to start getting ready for bed when Laja texts me.

laja: hey

me: hey

laja: u in da bed yet or wha??

me: nahh. but i'm sore asf from today 😭😭

laja: u tryna go 2 a basketball game? i can get my
fren 2 pay, or i can ❤️

me: nahh i can pay if u invitin me shii

laja: girl stfu n lemme spoil u☺️

laja: drop ya addy, i'll be there in 20

me: fuuuck fine 🙄😭😭❤️

laja: watch ya mouth 🙂

I finish my business then go back into my bedroom. I glance through my closest and throw on some comfortable clothes. I ain't tryna impress nobody. I end up wearing a cartoon Saweetie shirt and some sweats with some all black Skechers that I've had since eleventh grade.

I slap a plain black cap over my head and grab my phone, my mask, and my wallet. I barely got enough money to my name to afford another ride, but at least I'll have my wallet on me.

I hear a knock at my door and expect to find Laja.

Instead, it's Rory. Her face is beaten up and some of her scalp is red where hair once was. "Eileah, I'm sorry," her voice cracks as she sobs. "Please let me in. I know I'm not shit but-

I yank her inside and lock the door behind her.

"Who did this to you, Rory?" I demand, rushing towards my fridge to get her an ice pack.

"My- My girlfriend," she hiccups.

I pause. "The fuck you mean?"

"I'm in a poly, Eileah. I'm sorry I never told you," she cried. I took a step back. "Oh, so since your girl beating on you, you expect me to come to the rescue. Wait on the side for you? Sis, if I want you ima fully have you. I suspected you had a boyfriend but damn. Two girlfriends," I laugh to myself.

"I have a boyfriend and a girlfriend actually," she says meekly. I point to the door. "I suggest you work things out with her, or notify the campus. Find a women's shelter, I don't know. But I'm not doing this shit, Rory. That's disrespectful to me. Why would I help the girl who I was tryna fuck with, through her issues, when she never intended to give me the time of day?"

"My girl wants me out of the relationship. She heard about me at the party yesterday. With you."

"Well shit. Maybe you deserved that den," I laughed.

"Fuck you, Eileah. You're fucked up in the head," she pressed her finger to my forehead.

"This is the head you wanted though," I laugh, opening the door so she can leave.

"Damn," Laja paused in my doorway, hands in the air as Rory smashed passed her down the hall.

"Some wild shit," I shake my head, fuming.

"What happened," Laja asked softly, closing my door behind me and moving out the way so I can lock it.

"I don't even wanna talk about it. I'll tell you later,"

I find out Laja has a black Hummer and I climb into the passenger side. She cringed for a moment. "Crap. Okay, it's probably bad timing, but someone actually invited me to the game. She's a player on the team."