chapter six

PROBATION OFFICERS WORD
———————————

PROBATION OFFICERS WORD———————————

———————————

            BEING NOSEY WASN'T A SKILL THAT WAS NECESSARILY GOOD. However, Rory was proud of her skill in it.

She was very good at listening to conversations she shouldn't be. How else could she have made it this far without being caught by the police? Vigilante wise.

After a heated discussion with the principal, it was decided that Peter would not get suspended and instead do a few hours of charity work.

Rory was relived, she had grown to depend on seeing him at school. They did commit a felony together, they were practically bonded for life!

At the sound of approaching footsteps, Rory panicked. Taking her book out of her book bag, she sat near the door nonchalantly.

The hallways were empty by now, so she couldn't hide in a crowd so she took the route of 'I'm skipping class, definitely not listening to your conversation'.

Peter walked out of the office with an angry Ben trailing behind him. Stopping in the middle of the hall, the man spoke up.

"Was that true?" He asked.

"What?" Peter played dumb. Rory scooted closer and Peter finally caught sight of her.

"What I heard in there just now. Did you humiliate that boy?" The man asked with a tone Rory couldn't read. She wanted to, but she didn't want to blow her cover so she just kept her head down.

"Yeah, I did." Peter sighed. "But this guy, he deserved it."

"Did he?" Ben asked with the same tone.

"Yeah." Peter mumbled.

"Is he that boy that hit you?" There was a pause.

"Y-yeah, but-" Peter tried to lesser the burden of being caught.

"So all of this is about getting even?" Peter's uncle asked rhetorically. "If so, you must feel really good about yourself, right?" There was silence. "Am I right or not?"

Peter kept silent, his only response being a scoff and a roll of the eyes.

"Yeah, thought so." The Parker man mumbled. "Well, thanks to this little, escapade, of yours I had to change shifts and work. So, you have to pick up Aunt May tonight at 9 o'clock, understood?"