chapter twentythree

AN AGE OF REKINDLING
————————————

AN AGE OF REKINDLING————————————

————————————

            HARRY HATED MEETINGS, ESPECIALLY NOW THAT HE'S IN CHARGE. Hardly paying attention, the Osborn heir only perked up when his name was called.

"Harry, Oscorp's been under intense public scrutiny in the wake of Dr. Connor's recent, uh, breach of trust." One man reminded. Harry eyed the drive his father gave him before his death, and scoffed.

"You mean people are pissed off cause he tried to turn everyone in New York City into giant lizards." Harry smirked.

"Given that," The man started again. "All the animal hybrid programs he was involved in were destroyed to restore investor confidence."

"Ah." Harry turned in hi chair, facing the people sat at the table. "That is the Osborn way. Whatever's inconvenient around here, just get rid of it, right?"

"Much of that scrutiny may fall on you now." The man spoke up again. "We felt that plausible deniability was your best option."

"Sure, sure, I get it." Harry waved him off. "Twenty year old kid. 200 billion dollar company. What was Dad thinking?" He sat forward.

"I mean, you're all lawyers, right? Surely someone must have questioned his sanity in the end." Harry turned his hardened gaze to the man who sat to his right. "Someone must have thought about having him declared legally incompetent. It would have made this conversation a lot easier."

"Harry..." The man sighed.

"It's Mr. Osborn." Harry corrected with a sinister smirk lining his face. The silence was deafening. "We're not friends."

When the man leaned back, Harry moved to look directly at a woman who hid in her hair at the end of the table.

"Hi." Harry tried to gather her attention.

All of the older people who sat around the table turned to her. After a second, she finally looked up.

"You were his assistant, right?" Harry smiled at her. She nodded quietly.

"What's your name?" Harry questioned her further.

"Felicia." She said shortly.

"Felicia." Harry repeated softly. "From now on, everybody at this table works for Felicia because Felicia works for me."

The men and woman looked around at the others in shock, a low murmur erupted.