prologue

AND SO IT BEGAN
———————

AND SO IT BEGAN———————

———————

            IT WAS JUST A SIMPLE GAME OF HIDE AND SEEK, BUT IT TURNED BAD QUICKLY.

"Two, one.." Young Peter Parker sat on the last few steps with his eyes covered. "Ready or not, here I come!"

He looked around with a big smile. He always considered himself a professional at this game.

Walking into the deserted living room, Peter made sure to look everywhere.

As he walked around the couch, spotting shoes poking out from underneath the long curtains.

Walking over quietly, the boy made sure to keep an eye on the shoes, just in case they moved.

He gripped the fabric and yanked back, however, instead of his father fell a broom.

Opening a coat closet, Peter looked around before deciding it was empty and closing it.

Moving down the hall, the young Parker boy stopped by a side table that held family pictures and his fathers glasses. Putting them on for only a second, Peter looked around before spotting is fathers office.

Upon opening the squeaking door, Peter found the window banging open and rain drops falling inside.

Walking behind the desk, the boy saw the true damage as papers were thrown about, drawers were pulled out, and glass shards laid on the floor.

"Hey, dad?" Peter yelled. "Dad?" He raised his voice.

Richard Parker ran in, but slowed down as he assessed his office. Quickly, the man grabbed Peter by the underarms and moved him away from the desk drawers.

Pulling the curtains shut, Richard then began to dig around an already ransacked drawer.

However, before Peter could say anything or ask any questions, his father grabbed a pencil and pressed a secret button. The bottom to the drawer fly away from the locks.

Richard then began to thumb through the papers in a secret folder.

Mary Parker, Peter's mom, rushed in and grabbed her son. She walked out quickly without a word to her husband.

Ben followed her to the door but stopped to half hazardously erase the calculations on a black board.

. . .