chapter thirtyfive

NEW NEW YORK
——————————

NEW NEW YORK——————————

——————————

            ONE MINUTE SHE WAS WITH PETER, THE NEXT SHE WAS TOSSED ACROSS A ROOF. Rory looked around, over the edge of the roof. She was still in New York, but something was wrong. She wasn't comfortable here, she couldn't feel the same aura as her New York had.

The Morais woman closed her eyes, focusing in for anything she recognized. Finally, a few blocks away, the similar, but very different, aura of Peter.

Grabbing her whip, she flicked the end so it wrapped around a light post. She jumped off the roof and swung around easily.

She followed the feel of the aura to a bridge with terrible traffic. She landed gracefully on the road signs, trying her best to hide, even if there was a helicopter over her.

As Rory waited for Peter to show himself, she got the strange sensation that something bad was about to happen, or at the least, that someone bad was on the way.

The Morais girl made sure her mask was up before yanking the hair band off her wrist. She glanced around the bridge carefully while she tugged her hair back and into a ponytail.

She glanced back at a helicopter that rose up behind her, seeing the people inside looking at her oddly. Rory returned the look and snapped her head back in front of her when people started running and screaming.

"Wait, why are you running?" A young, boyish voice yelled.

Rory squinted her eyes and ducked down more as she caught sight of the owner of the voice. His suit looked like her Peter's, but it was very, very different.

Just then, something from under the bridge shot up, destroying a few cars in the process.

"Oh no." Rory sighed, jumping down and onto the street.

As soon as her feet hit the ground she rolled to avoid damage and rushed to where this...new Spider-man was.

"Uh...Ma'am, you should-you should get out of the car." The Spider-man tapped on the roof he crouched on. "Everybody get off the bridge!" He yelled over his shoulder.

Rory jumped on the hood of the taxi behind the black car and hurtled to the new Spider-man. She tackled him down onto the hood.

"Who the hell are you? Where's Peter?" Rory seethed as she raised her fist.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." The Spider-man waved his hands around.
"I'm Peter...what are you talking about?"