chapter fortyone

AND SO IT BEGINS
——————————

AND SO IT BEGINS——————————

——————————

            THE LOOK PETER GAVE MJ MELTED RORY'S HEART. It only made her miss her Peter more than she already did. Gods know she wanted nothing more than to see him again.

Snapping out of her zone, she turned to the five villains held captive in the stone cells.

"Listen, I think we can help you guys." Rory started, walking more to the middle of the room for all of the men to hear her better.

"Yeah, if we can fix what happened to you, then when you go back, things will be different." Peter P walked next to her.

"And you might just live longer than before." Rory confirmed.

"What do you mean 'fix' us?" Max pipped in.

"Our technology is advanced-" Peter began, only to be cut off by the latest man they caught.

"I can help you." Norman leaned his shoulder against the stone wall next to him. "You know, I'm something of a scientist myself. Octavius can tell you what I can do." He looked to the first man captured.

Rory and Peter P shared a glance, a small nod passing between them.

"Fix? You mean like a dog?" Otto made a crude motion with his hand. "I refuse."

"Well, if you wanna act like a bitch we can definitely treat you like one." Rory sneered with false sweetness.

"We can't promise you guys anything, but at least this way, you actually get to go home and have a chance. A second chance." The young Parker paused. "I mean, come on. Isn't that worth trying?"

"Trust me, Peter, when you try to fix people, there are always consequences." Connors spoke up for the second time since Rory had seen him again.

"Then again, you did try to change everyone into lizards...so." Rory shrugged.

"Who supplied me the formula?" Connors countered. Rory stormed up to the barrier of the cell.

"You really wanna go, old man? I'll kick your ass, just like last time." She seethed.

Connors slammed against the barrier in an attempt to scare the Morais woman, but she didn't flinch or falter.

"Okay, Rory. Come back here." Peter mumbled to her as he shot a web on her back, tugging her towards the middle again. "And, you don't have to come." The boy then spoke to the lizard. "I also didn't know you could talk."