chapter fortyseven

DÉJÀ VU
——————————

DÉJÀ VU——————————

——————————

            CONNORS RIPPED FREE OF THE WEBS, STARTING TO WALK TOWARDS THE BATTLE. Fortunately for him, light arguing could be heard above.

"I'm trying to close it." Ned sighed exasperatedly. "I can't help that it's not working."

"Alright, no. It's fine." Mj took a deep breath. "You'll do it again. We'll keep trying."

"Alright, alright. We got this." Ned closed his eyes briefly to steady himself.

"Focus." Mj turned to her friend. "Close the portal."

Ned took quick intakes of breath.

"Close it." Mj repeatedly softly.

Connors bound over to them as Peter P swung by.

"Oh no. No, no, no." The boy mumbled.

"And that is a lizard, and we should go!" Mj tugged Ned's arm as they ran around the schools lab and through the portal.

Peter P was able to distract the monster as the two other teens ran, nearly colliding with Rory, who had since rushed to find the lizard.

"Where is he?" The Morais woman stopped their frantic running, only to see the villain in question charging at them. "Okay, we should go." She turned and pushed Mj and Ned ahead of her.

Pete was now suspended over the structure by Max, the cure falling from his hands as electricity ran through him painfully.

P Parker shot a web at the forgotten cure and was about to jump on Electro when Dock Ock grabbed him and Pete. He slowly appeared behind the Dillon man with an evil smirk.

"Leave them." Octavius murmured. "They're mine."

"I don't need your help. I got it just fine." Max's own voice sounded broken, almost robotic.

"Dr. Octavius, no." P Parker groaned.

Suddenly, another one of Otto's mechanical arms shot out and grabbed ahold of Max's chest. His electric blasts died down and the man looked bewildered.

"What're you doing?" Max grumbled as he tugged at the hand to no eval. Otto turned, gently letting go of the two SpiderMen and grabbing the cure.