chapter twenty

SO NAKED AND SO LATE
——————————

SO NAKED AND SO LATE——————————

——————————

           STARTING HER DAY SWINGING AROUND WITH PETER, RORY FELT THE WIND THROUGH HER HAIR AND SHE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. The two had agreed on small time crime, no more Russian Mobs and no more giant lizards.

Flying by an alleyway, Rory pointed down to a little boy who was getting picked on. Peter and Rory both jumped down, landing perfectly and stood slowly. They just stood there for a second before the bullies ran off.

Rory turned and kneeled down, picked up the boys project. "You made this?" She questioned with a smile.

"Yeah." The boy nodded nervously.

"That's a wind turbine!" Peter chuckled. "You made this?" The boy nodded. "No way!" The boy just nodded again, a smile on his face.

"This is amazing." Peter took the pieces from his companions hands and held them together. He shot a couple webs and connected them again.

Rory gave the thing a spin and smiled. "Good as new, right? We can walk you home."

The boy smiled brightly and nodded excitedly, Rory could tell this would be a story he'd tell for years.

As they walked out of the alleyway, Peter turned to the boy.

"What's your name?" The Spider vigilante asked.

"Jorge." The boy looked up.

"Jorge?" Peter confirmed. "I'm...I'm Spider-man, that's Lady Hecate." Rory waved slightly.

Again and again Peter and Rory traveled around town, helping the people police glance over, or get to too late.

Like the time Peter swung a woman out of the way of a fatal car crash while Rory held the cars from traveling any farther.

Or the time they got covered in sweat goo.

Or when they were covered in feathers.

Or when Peter lost an eye cover and came home with a fish.

Once, as they stood at the end of a cross walk, a lady painted like the Statue of Liberty turned to the two.

"Nice outfits." She complemented with a smile.

Peter and Rory, who had noticed the on coming police cruisers, walked into the street, but not before answering the woman.