chapter twentyseven

EXPERIMENTS
——————————

EXPERIMENTS——————————

——————————

            RAVENCROFT INSTITUTE. A heavily guarded place where scientists alike worked on secret, covered up projects.

A perfectly dressed man grabbed ahold of his glasses and placed them on precisely.

Opening a box, he clicked across a blue screen silently. Right then, classical music began to flood from the speakers around the room, steam hissed and a shackled Max Dillon was risen from a pool of water.

The machine he was strapped on moved to hover directly in front of the scientist in a mocking manner. The man types across a keypad, cameras and lights flickered on all around the newest villain.

"You've been in a terrible accident." The man informed him sarcastically. "I'm Dr. Kafka. I'm here to help you."

"Course you are, Doc." Max's voice was almost glitching. "That's why your preparing military-grade biostem electrodes. High intensity capacitors. The kind they make at Oscorp." Max paused, looking around at the occupants of the room. "All of this, cause you're trying to help me."

"You are correct." Kafka stated calmly. "I'm here to study you, to understand vut you are, vwy you are, und I will get results." He clicked a key and electricity shot through Max. The man groaned as the power surged through him.

Kafka smiled eerily. "I always do." His accent was thick. He continued clicking against his keypad.

"You do realize," Max panted heavily. "You locked me in a prison...that runs...on electricity." Kafka chucked and smiled.

"I can feel it in the walls." Max closed his eyes as he spoke. "I can  feel it in my veins."

The scientists behind a protective layer of glass looked up at the Dillon man as their monitors began beeping rapidly.

"No matter what you do, Doc, you can't contain it." Max started again. Kafka stopped typing as his pen rolled to the side without a force causing it too.

"It's a force of nature." Max chuckled eerily. "Like me."

Kafka laughed. "Ja!" He clicked another key, electricity shocking the blue man once more. Max groaned and huffed out his breaths. Kafka just laughed.

"You wanna know how powerful I am?" Max asked rhetorically.

"Ja." Kafka nodded dramatically.