chapter thirtyone

THE BIG BATTLE
——————————

THE BIG BATTLE ——————————

——————————

            MAX WAS CAUSING A LOT OF DAMAGE. All he had to do was push his hands out and a sting blast of electricity would shoot out.

People were screaming and rushing around, trying to get away from the danger in the darkness.

Peter and Rory swung to the Oscorp building, the lights in the offices painted the image of Max's face.

"Do you see me now, Spider-man?" His robotic voice was loud in their ears. "It's time to meet our destiny." He then moved through the sky in bolts of lightning. Peter swung as quick as he could to follow.

They landed on the large clock tower, crawling to the top of the domed glass roof.

"You're too late, Spider-man." Max said from below them. "I designed this power grid. Now I'm gonna take back what is rightfully mine. I will control everything. And I will be like a god to them."

"A god named Sparkles?" Rory teased. Max responded by sending a blast towards them.

The two vigilantes jumped as the glass shattered, Peter landing way more graceful. Rory hit the ground in a heap but gathered herself quickly.

Peter shot webs onto the hydro-box and pulled up, causing a flood of water to shoot out at the Dillon man.

"Not this time!" Max shot out streams of electricity to stave back the water. "Is that all you've got? Come on!"

He pushed harder, the water went rushing back towards Peter and he flung back from the force.

Rory called upon the goddess of water, Amphitrite. She focused out the noise of the screaming ground and fight between spider and light.

"I, Amphitrite, wife of Poseidon and daughter of Nereus and Doris, grant you, Rory, my ability of water manipulation. Use it wisely and save the great people of New York." Her powerful voice filled Rory's head, and when the power rushed through her veins, she felt more alive.

Rushing back to the battle, Peter was down on the ground, Max had his hands around his neck.

"You ready to give up?" Peter squeaked through the man's hold.

Electro yelled, sending a blast of electricity in Peter's face. Rory grounded herself, shooing her arms out and the water from the box before grabbed ahold on the madman.