- Chapter Seven -

I need to get close to her without raising suspicion, I also need to get a ring, but there will be another time for that

My twisted smirk returns as I spot the girls walking straight towards us, maybe my plan will be easier than expected. "Alexander Lewis," Em smiles before colliding with his body beside me— it makes me sick how in love they are. "What took you guys forever?" Hayden asks before meeting Liv halfway and kissing her as if his life depended on it. Jesus Christ, I take a glance to my right to see Roma and Ele whispering to each other. I mentally throw up— is this what our friendship group has turned into? All high on love?

My gaze goes straight to Lizzie whose being offered drinks by guys— for fucks sake. Downing the last of mine I head over to her. "Elizabeth," I greet as I wrap an arm around her shoulders, before glancing in the lads' direction which makes them run for the hills.

They've all heard the stories.

We all have.

How fucked up my family is— my father, my brothers. How you shouldn't mess with us, The Bliss Empire. The most well-known name in New York. A name that's feared among many, yet, Elizabeth isn't scared. She knows I only have one weakness, and that's her. I'd rather kill myself than hurt her physically. Emotionally, I've already done that. She knew all I'd bring is pain, and yet, she didn't care. But the jokes on me, because I've been hurt just as much as her.

"What do you want, Eight?" Lizzie's tone is bored as she keeps her attention on the table of drinks in front of us. My gaze travels to her left hand, her hand without a ring, that'll change. "I always knew you watched me play," I murmur in her ear, "have you ever heard of personal space?" She asks before glancing up at me, it'd be very easy to break the distance.

Not yet, I think to myself.

"Why would I want space from you?" I tease as she rolls her eyes before removing my arm from around her shoulders. "I know most girls would love this attention," she waves a dismissive hand in my direction, clearly unassumed, "but I'm not most girls," she states. "Definitely not like other girls, I'm not engaged to them," I mutter the last part. The news hasn't been leaked to the press yet, "I've told you before, I'll tell you again, it's not happening," she smiles while glancing up at me. "Don't be too sure about that," I say with a wink, we will go through with it, even if I have to drag her there myself. "Also, I prefer when there are five feet between us," she bats her eyelashes before leaving me standing in the kitchen.

"Shit," I mutter, maybe this will be more of a challenge than I guessed.

Too bad I love playing the game.