- Chapter Fifty-Nine -

Two Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

"Now, look what the cat dragged in," Hayden remarks as I close our front doors house. I haven't been back to Pullman in over three months, and when I did it was only to catch up. Reassure the girls that Lizzie was fine, and the reason she stayed in New York was that she took her father's death harder than expected. Lizzie must have been fine because she told the girl group that she switched colleges, and of course, they believed her.

"Got bored in New York?" Alex taunts as I make my way into the kitchen space to see the boyband sitting around the circular table as if they're having a meeting. "Maybe I missed you?" I suggest with a smile as the three of them laugh thinking I'm lying. A part of me has missed them, the longest I've been apart from them is two months, and that's every summer. Other than that we are always together. "You missed, Lizzie," Roma states with confidence as he texts away on his phone.

"Young missed you," Hayden confesses as he and Alex exchange a look. "Fuck knows what you've said to her," he mutters and I realize that the three of them wouldn't know about our last conversation. The reason she came back, and what would happen to us afterward if Lizzie chose to be stubborn. It's clear how I feel about her, isn't it? Surely Lizzie must understand by now how much I love her. I was willing to let her go if that meant she would be happy. I killed her father in cold blood because of what he's done to her, isn't it obvious how I feel for her?

"Marriage happened," I admit more to myself than them, "well, it's a good job you're back— there's a game tonight," Hayden announces as he leans back in his chair. "I'm assuming you'll come to watch?" Alex asks from his seat on the bar stool beside us. "Of course," I simply reply because I know the girls will drag Lizzie to the game, just like they've done in the past. I still remember when after a game we all headed back to the girls apart for the two of us to be left alone. Despite everything, those were simpler times.

 Despite everything, those were simpler times

Last Year

"Do you want a black eye?" Lizzie asks as she closes the door behind Liv, leaving the two of us alone in her apartment. "You could try," I counter as I walk closer towards her, "but you'd fail— you know I like it rough," I comment with a smirk. Lizzie's cheeks brighten are they turn crimson red, probably because she's remembering everything. "You're a dick, Eight."