- Chapter Eleven -

Elizabeth Young has always loved playing the game

Being raised a Young she was used to it— yet, she'd play with no rules, and now she doesn't even realize she's being played. Like a pawn in a game of chess. Lizzie still believes there's a small part of the boy she loved left inside of me. But there isn't, he was dead a long time ago— yet, Lizzie refuses to see that. I'll get the information my father needs, he thinks I can't do it because of our history, he's wrong.

Lizzie was always going to betray me, she betrayed me when she called Giovanni instead of me. She picked him over me, and that fucking hurt to see.

A Couple of Hours Before

As I stand here at the altar with her beside me, I have no regrets about how I did it. All I care about is the fact that she'll finally be mine. I've got my two bodyguards for witnesses, as we go through the speech, we choose to skip over vows— they don't really seem fitting for our situation. I grip her hand to push on her ring, a ring I know she'll adore. She does the same, but she shoves my ring harsher than me to show her resentment. The only time she spoke to me was when she said, "I do," a second ago.

Lizzie was silent on the plane, she closed her eyes and pretended to be anywhere but where she was. Originally, my father wanted this wedding to be a grand event— but, I couldn't allow her to run again. At least now if she does, we'll still be married. No matter where she goes. After saying, "I do," I kissed her like she was my lifeline. Because, at one point, she was. Lizzie was everything I needed. She was the light to my darkness, and I'm consumed by the dark. She was always too good for me, but I'm too much of a selfish bastard to let her go. Especially now that my father pushed the two of us back together, I won't allow anyone, including him— to tear us apart again. I can go anywhere I want, just not home.

My father will never come between me and Lizzie again. She's mine, and I am hers until the bitter end.

Despite how painful it'll be.