- Chapter Thirteen -

"Tutoring?"

"Tutoring?"

"Yes, tutoring," Hayden looks baffled, "you're the smartest out of all of us," Alex pulls a face to disagree but doesn't argue with the statement. "I have to pass Lit— plus, Elizabeth is obsessed with Shakespeare." The truth is, I could pass the class in my sleep. I read the book since I found out she loved it, I'm not failing— but I needed a way in, tutoring was my way in.

"I'm surprised Lizzie agreed," Roma mutters as he passes the football ball in Hayden's direction. "Why?" I ask, leaning back and watching Hayden and Roma pass the ball. "Last time I checked— Young hates you," Hayden points out. I chuckle, she doesn't hate me as much as they believe, since she was in my bed last night— but they don't need to know that. "It's a front," I explain as Alexs focus stays on the ball, "it's a good front," he mumbles. "Hate, love, like, dislike— they're all the same." Hayden lists them off, "why because Liv has felt all those emotions for you?" Roma taunts before throwing the ball with extra force.

"Exactly," he admits as he catches the ball effortlessly, "and now look at us," he grins— proud of his and Livs' journey. "I just don't believe you hate Young as much as you claim," Hayden says with a grin as he throws the ball back to Roma. For once I don't argue back because we all know it's the truth, I don't hate Lizzie, never have, and I never will.

Last night

Last night.

"Why do you still wear the necklace?"

I glance down to see Lizzie tracing the chain lightly, "because it reminds me of you." I admit, and for once that's the truth. When she asked for it back, it killed me inside because I knew if I gave it back to her, then me and her were done. I'm too selfish to give up on Lizzie. I should, I know that, for fucks sake her fathers trying to destroy our empire. She's a Young for god's sake, just like my father once said, she'd betray me.

I know that.

"So," Lizzie's voice is quiet as her other hand in my hair stills, "how's your dad? Your brothers?" She asks slowly, "they're good," I shrug, since knowing Lizzie she's never cared about my family. I laugh inside, Jesus— why would I think she'd care about me. "How's your father, it's looking like he'll win," I look down to see Lizzie roll her eyes. "Looks like it," she mutters, "you don't want him to win?" I ask becoming weary, he's her father— despite their fucked up relationship, "of course I want him to win," she lies, Lizzie knows I know she's lying too.