Starting Over

I lie in the hospital bed, blinking. The room is flooded with light from the window.
"Ana?" It's Eddy.
I turn my head, and take in this moment. He found me, after all. He came back for me. Tears slide down my cheek. "You came back."
"This is all my fault. I shouldn't of-"
I shake my head. "No, Eddy. I blame myself. I should've done that years ago. And maybe, life would've been less trouble. In a way, I'm glad I didn't, because then, I wouldn't have found you."
He leans down, and kisses me. I miss this sensation. It's like my whole body is rejuvenated, and I've come back to life. When we separate, I ask, "Where is everyone?"
He sighs. "They went to calm down your brother. He lost it."
"W-why?"
"You...uh...died. For like two minutes. He went ballistic."
"He'll be back."
"There's something else I should tell you. Scarlett kinda got shot."
My eyes go wide. The children at the orphanage were like my own. I sit up, ignoring the swarming pain. "What the hell do you mean, kinda?"
"She got shot by her uncle...the same guy who tried to kill me. Natalie was going to try to kill Elena by stabbing her. All for money."
I grab him by his collar. "So why are you here, Eddy? You should be there, protecting them."
He smiles. "Scarlett is recovering. She'll be fine. Elena never got hurt because Mama found Natalie, and hit her in the head with a frying pan. And we confessed everything to the police. Both of them are going to jail."
"That's good. Do you know what happened to Fraiser?"
"He got shot in the arm, and they had to amputate it or else he would've died. He's in jail. The other victims came forward."
I hug him. "Our demons have finally been defeated." He smells like Irish Springs. I love that stupid soap. He kisses my forehead, and then goes down on one knee, holding a small black box. "I should've done this before you left. Anastasia O'Neil. Would you do me the honors and-"
"Yes. Yes, yes, yes." I shriek, just as the door opens, and a nurse walks in, and unplugs the heart monitor.
He slides the rung unto my finger, and kisses me. I love him more than words can explain.
The door opens again, and this time its Isaac. He hugs me, and I kiss his cheek.
"I thought you were dead."
"I could never leave you."
He picks up my hand with the ring on it. "This says otherwise."