20

Oliver isn't sure what happens after their unpleasant encounter with Doyle.  All he knows is that Oro has disappeared for the past two weeks, leaving him alone in his apartment, aching and lonely.  There's no job, not even a muttering squeak from the pack.  He would've hoped to feel some relief at being left alone as he figures out what to do with his pregnancy.  Instead he feels inexplicably rejected.  The silence is driving him crazy at twelve weeks pregnant, feeling useless and unworthy of his alpha.

With a soft sigh he looks at his belly in the mirror, trying to occupy his mind and hoping to see if there's a difference, a change.  He doesn't think there is much of one.  He looks like he just finished a party-sized Dorito bag. The nausea is finally in the recess of his mind though.  For the most part at least.

He lowers his shirt and pats his tummy lovingly.  He dresses warmly before heading for the store, needing a sweet and tangy fix.  God he needs to get off the internet, it's only fueling his cravings.

At the little convenience store in the corner of his block he beelines for the freezer.  He pulls out a small tub of talenti mango ice cream and searches for fruit roll ups.  His mouth practically salivates when he finds the tajin and chamoy next.

He pays at the register and heads back home with the bag swinging back and forth in his grasp.

Just as he opens the door to leave the store, he accidentally pushes it against someone, making them stumble forward.  Oliver grimaces as he steps outside.  The man waves him off when he tries to apologize for not paying attention.  Oliver thinks nothing of it, except the man then begins to follow him.

"Can I help you?" Oliver turns around.

He's really not in the mood.  He's been cranky since his alpha has become MIA and he wants nothing more than to go home and eat his snacks in peace.

"Sorry, I'm just looking for an Oliver Morales."

Oliver pauses, "I'm sorry, I can't help you."

Something doesn't sit right about this man.

The man approaches him and Oliver is immediately on high alert.  The man makes sure the omega can see his hands at all times though.

"Do you happen to know an alpha that goes by the name of Oro."

The knot of alarm in Oliver's belly twists into dread.  Something on his face must give him away because the man gets this face of eureka.

"You know him, don't you?"

"I'm not sure I know who you're talking about," Oliver lies, attempting to side-step the strange man.

Said man doesn't attempt to physically stop him.  No, his words are enough.

"He's a dangerous man.  I hope you're aware."

He gets no response from Oliver.  The omega has to bite his tongue in order not to retort.

"He's a killer."

"Who are you?"  He turns around and demands.

"My name is Henry Ford.  Agent Henry Ford."

A shiver travels down Oliver's back, agent?  He wouldn't have guessed it with how pedestrian he's dressed.  What is this man playing at?

"Now that I have your attention, I'm hoping you can give me a moment of your time."

"Prove it."

The man smiles at him kindly and complies easily.  He pulls out his wallet and shows the omega his badge.  His very official looking badge followed by a candid photo of Oro.

"I've been searching for Oro for years, there's been a rise of crime in this neighborhood and I've traced his steps to here.  I'm not sure if you've noticed a black car that seems to always be parked outside your apartment complex.  We've already spoken to your neighbors, I simply wanted to know if you've seen him, if you've noticed anything out of the ordinary?"

Through nerves Oliver doesn't know how, but he manages to deflect the man, "I'm sorry, I haven't.  I also don't know any alpha by that name."

The agent doesn't seem convinced and Oliver feels trapped, cornered.

"Oliver," the agent begins, tone turning serious, "I don't want to scare you, but if you see anything it is crucial you notify the authorities."

"Why?" He can't help but ask, "Why is that man so dangerous?"

"He's the head alpha of a dangerous pack full of corrupt beta and alpha alike dealing with illegal transport of weapons, money laundering, and not to mention a major drug distributor."

Everything Oliver already knew.

"I'll be sure to keep an eye out," he promises, fingers crossed behind his back.

"Please do," Agent Ford nods, "I don't want the past to repeat itself."

Oliver waits.

Hooked and reeled.

"Oro is a killer, you see.  He kills and disposes of those that no longer serve a purpose, of those that get in his way.  He's a sociopath incapable of human emotion."

Oliver wants to refute that.  The alpha though mean has also shown him tenderness, kindness, and dare he say, moments of love and devotion in the darkness of the nights spent tangled with each other.

"It's the only explanation for killing his family."

Oliver's eyes widen in surprise, breath hitching at the new information.

"At the age of sixteen Oro shot and killed both his parents, has been on the run ever since, living a life of crime.  We think he even went so far as to sell his younger sister into human trafficking."

Oliver thinks he's going to be sick.

"He's not an alpha, much less a man, you'd like to cross paths with."

"Why... why did he do it?"

"We don't know," Agent Ford answers honestly, "but we know he got a sick pleasure out of it.  Left a note on the nightstand confessing in detail that he did it and how he did it."

Oliver gulps, "I..."

"Just watch your back."

And the agent goes so far as to pat his shoulder as if that will give the omega comfort.

"If you see or hear anything, all you have to do is give me a call."

The man deposits his business card into Oliver's hand.

"Stay safe kiddo, would hate for something to happen to you."

And that sounds like such a threat that it leaves Oliver at a loss for words.  Just like that, the man leaves him alone in the street with an overload of information.

His alpha did something horrible... something he didn't think he was capable of.

Killing a stranger or a threat is one thing... but turning on your family?

Oliver makes his way home.  He dumps his bag of goodies on the table, completely forgetting he even bought ice cream as he sinks to the floor and proceeds to have a panic attack.

Because all he got from that encounter is that he's next.

If Oro is truly incapable of feeling love or shred of human emotion then Oliver and their baby are so screwed.  Because as it stands, a pregnant omega is useless.

He unclenches his clammy hand and stares at the taunting card.

He can't breathe.