38

Oliver is close to seven weeks when Oro notices something about the omega. He looks more fatigued and overwhelmed with their pups, and internally Oro feels guilt. Guilt swells in his chest despite his omega's reassurances and small smiles. Guilt spills forth like an overflowing fountain when his omega curls up in their bed in utter exhaustion as he not only takes care of their children, but also grows another pup within. It's this guilt which Oro tries to remedy. For as much of a monster he knows he is, he also has his weakness- Oliver.

With this weighing heavy on his mind, Oro glances over to Colt. The stoic man looks at him, posture straightening once he catches the alpha's eye. He waits, lips pressed tightly, expectantly, awaiting any order or command.

"Clear my schedule," Oro says, "Cancel any meetings. I won't be available. Don't call me unless someone is dying."

Colt nods and heads out, phone already in hand in expert efficiency.

Oro yawns when he's finally alone. He stretches, mouth opening wide until his right ear pops and his head hurts from the pressure. He feels his lower back pop in several places and his right triceps twinge. His eyes water and then he slumps, sagging in brief relief before pushing back from his desk.

He locks his computer, shuts it off, and leaves his office.

He goes in search of his omega and is completely unsurprised when he finds him in the nursery with Manny and Ver.

Their baby girl is on her back and he catches her babbling before rolling over onto her tummy. Oliver gasps in surprise, he praises their little girl as Manny claps his doll and transformer together because he refuses to put them down for even a second.

Oliver snorts, "come here, it's my turn to be Bo Peep."

Manny shakes his head, "I wanna be Bo Peep, papi. You can be Bumble bee."

With a grin, the omega relents and grabs the proffered toy.

"What about daddy?"

Oliver jolts in surprise, a smile gracing his chapped lips when he spots him leaning against the doorframe.

Oro smiles back.

He walks inside the room and plops down beside Verlee and Oliver. He presses a kiss to his omega's lips before turning to their oldest pup.

"Daddy can be uhh... this car!"

"Mater?" Oro questions, brow raised.

Oliver's little snort of laughter is worth it when Manny nods, "uh huh!"

Oro takes the toy car and places it in Verlee's grabby hand before dragging his son onto his lap and tickling his sides, "such disrespect. From my own pup, how is this possible!"

The giggles piercing the air fills him with warmth and he finally stops when Manny threatens to pee on him from overstimulation. Oro lets him go and the pup hurries back to his corner of piled toys, just far enough that daddy won't attack him again with tickles.

"Don't you have work?" Oliver wonders, smile ever present.

"Took the day off," the alpha answers.

A small hum and then their eyes lock for a brief moment. Oro takes the opportunity to ask Oliver out then and there.

"What?"

"Let's go out, just you and me."

"And a handful of guards," Oliver reminds.

"They can wait outside."

The omega stifles his laugh, "What a cruel and unusual punishment for them."