28

Oliver is twenty-six weeks pregnant when the alpha goes into rut.

He's not notified right away, but he senses the tension when he makes it downstairs for breakfast.

By now everyone knows what he did and most sneer at him while others pretend he doesn't exist.  Living in a house like that after being treated like pack for so long is heartbreaking and painful.  The only people who don't completely shun him are Boa and Colt.  Boa because he owes Oliver his life and Colt because he was assigned to watch over the omega.  More like to make sure he didn't run away.

Regardless, he makes to sit between the two when he notices that the food made has been divided evenly among the pack and the plate usually reserved for him is missing.  So they've purposely excluded him... again.

He moves to the fridge to look for something to make.  Just when he thinks he can stomach something, the baby makes their protest known.  Nothing seems quite as appetizing as what the pack is eating.  His stomach grumbles but he decides to give up with a sigh when the thought of eggs makes him nauseous.  He can't be bothered to eat and he knows he's regressing and falling into depression again.  He can't fight it, so before he can give everyone the pleasure of seeing him so defeated, he walks out.

Boa is the one that follows him when he trudges toward his room.

"Oliver."

Oliver doesn't stop, he really tries to ignore him.

"Goddamnit, stop, Oliver!"

But the young alpha is persistent and Oliver can't, "Leave me alone."

"Oliver," the alpha groans, "for fuck's sake, Oro is in rut."

That makes the omega falter, his steps slowing to a stop before he reaches his door.  His eyes linger on his alpha's den right across, hand tempted to reach out.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Aren't you going to help him?  If his pregnant omega takes care of him, his rut will be cut short."

Oliver scrunches his face, "he doesn't want me. Just call some other omega or beta."

"You don't want that," Boa states firmly.

"How do you know what I want?"

"Because you love him."

"I do not."

"You do if you kept his baby."

"That's not... Boa that's not how it works."

"Isn't it though?"

The stubborn alpha approaches him and slips a key into his hand.  Oliver stares at it in contemplation.

"He needs you."

"He's going to kill me. Did you know? So why are you asking this of me?"

"Because you love him."

"But he doesn't love me back. He made it clear."

"Just... think about it," and Boa has the audacity to leave him with the decision heavy in the palm of his hand.

He tries to ignore it, tries not to think about the alpha agonizing on the other side of the door.

His will only lasts a couple hours before he gives in.

Oliver is in a hoodie and sweats when he pads across the hall to his alpha's room.  He tries the doorknob but it's truly locked.  With a slight tremor in his hand, he sticks the key and twists.  He pushes the wooden slab open before stepping inside. Straight away he's engulfed in the smell of alpha, wrapped in the pheromone's of a strong mate.