24

The next time Oliver resurfaces from the darkness that forces him to relive his worst nightmare, he's cleared to go home.  At fourteen weeks his pup is growing healthy and its little heart is beating strongly.  He wishes he would've declined, though, wishes he would've said something so he could stay just so he wouldn't have to return to his lonesome apartment.

However, he signs the release forms and gets into the uber waiting to take him home without complaint.

He unlocks the door as soon as he gets to his apartment and steps into the warmth.  He frowns when he finds that his home has been well lived-in in the past week he was admitted at the hospital.  His heart races in anticipation only to fall in dismay when he finds who broke into his home, again.

The young alpha looks at him from his spot on the couch nonchalantly.

Oliver does think he can deal with this, not today.

He places his keys in the bowl in the entrance and takes off his shoes.  He's slow, deliberate, partly due to fatigue and partly from a sense of detachment.

At least the kid isn't bleeding out again.

"Can I help you?" He finally asks.

The alpha looks at him, scrutinizes him in ways he doesn't like.  He feels apprehensive and overall on edge.

"Long time no see, Oliver."

"Can I help you?" The omega repeats, allowing the exhaustion to seep through.

"I didn't introduce myself the last time we met."

"Considering you were bleeding out all over my home, I think you were justified to an extent."

"Right... thank you, by the way."

"I didn't have a choice."

"I think you had too many.  You can call me Boa."

"Boa," Oliver repeats, a name unlike any he's heard before.

"Don't wear it out, Oliver Morales."

Oliver grimaces at his full name, "is there a reason you broke into my home, again?"

The alpha nods as he stands.  There a brief grimace on his face and Oliver refrains from asking.  He can't.  He doesn't want to know.  He's just tired.

"I'm not here from my own will."

Good to know, he barely stops himself from rolling his eyes.

"I was sent to bring you to the main house."

Oliver looks at the kid alpha in poorly concealed surprise, "why?"

Boa looks like he's debating how to answer, before settling on whatever he says next, "The alpha is gone."

The lack of shock should be a give away, but the alpha continues regardless, "he gave specific instructions should he disappear or die, the latest revision included... you."

Oliver tries not to feel dread at that because what the hell does that even mean?

"Alpha Oro ordered us to bring you to the main house."

"Why?"

Boa looks at him funny, like he's daft.  As if he should know the answer already.  Like what he just asked was plain stupid.

"To keep you safe."

Oliver expects many things, but Boa's response isn't at the top.  He suddenly feels choked up.  That's not... it's not fair.