Happy [Belated] Birthday Ace

I FORGOT TO POST IT ON HIS BIRTHDAY AND I ONLY REALIZED IT NOW (;'ٹ')

Dear Ace,

Hey, how have you been? Well, I doubt you'd really be able to answer that question. Not in the way I wish you could, anyways. It's been a real rollercoaster, and for a while, it was really plummeting. It had been a while since that kind of thing has happened.

I've never actually been on a rollercoaster, but Marco says they are either going up, down, left, or right, but it's always scariest when it's going down.

...

I really do miss you. It may not look like it now, but I really do.

It felt like something in my broke. Snapped. Disappeared, even. I've missed your bright smile, your kind eyes, your warm hugs, and everything in between. Yes, even your random energy recharges where you just drop asleep. I always found those cute.

The future held a lot more than we anticipated. I think you got that part already. But this is the sea. The waters can't always be calm, sadly.

But a new year has started. Does that mean I'll brush the past off?

...

Probably not. Memories are something I never want to leave me. And yet, I can't even remember most of my life before I met you, Luffy, and Sabo.

I'm on my way to Wano right now. You always said that you'd take me one day. You always said you'd introduce me to Otama and we'd make straw hats together and you'd introduce me to Yamato and you'd finally let me have my first drink and...

...

Never mind.

I do hope that I'll actually end up meeting them. Otama and Yamato, I mean. From the way you describe them, they seemed like pretty cool people. You said I'd love them. You did know me best, so you're probably right.

Drinking... I'll probably never get around to it. I was the one who took care of the drunks when we had a party. I still remember when you sent a drunk guy flying across the bar when he pinched my thigh. I also remember you picking me up and running from a chef after you didn't pay. Again.

...

Even though I say that, I do kind of miss it. When our only problem was chefs trying to catch us for not paying for the food. When we were really just kids playing around.

Marco says that I lost something after Marineford. And it isn't only him. Everyone says it. I never quite learned what that something was. Heck, even Rayleigh said I lost something and we met once.

Something else he said was that I was a little bit like Rouge. That's your mom, if I'm not mistaken.

I remember him laughing and saying, "It's ironic, cuz aren't you dating Roger's son?" But I remember answering, "No, I'm not. I'm dating Portgas D. Ace."

I felt so cool after saying that, though *w* But, even though you may not like your dad, I hope you're able to hold some love in your heart for him.

Do I really mind at all? Not really. I just wanted you to be happy in your own skin.

...

You know, I've always wanted a flower bed on the ship. Of course, I couldn't get one since there was no space and we needed fresh water. But there was one that flower that I really liked. It was called a pink hibiscus. I read it in a book somewhere.

And Rayleigh told me that your mom wore that flower a lot. Oji-chan said it too.

I don't know, I just thought I'd mention that. I'm sure you're happy with your mom now. And maybe even your dad. I really hope so.

Oyaji once said that a father should always think of their children as their treasure. Do you think your father thought of you as his treasure?

I know I did.

You could offer me the entire Grand Line and I'd still choose you... even in death.

Sorry, that was really cheesy.

Um, topic change. I never get a little brother. Or a little sister, for that matter. Chopper is the youngest guy I know, and we barely ever see each other. Also, Luffy has a skeleton on his crew now. I wonder how old he is.

Speaking of older brothers, Sabo visited you.

He got your Devil Fruit in Dressrosa and he met Luffy there, too. You would've been so happy to see him. And he would've been so happy to see you.

He got me a necklace. It looked a lot like the pearls that were in your necklace, it's just that I only had one. I still have it on.

...

Sabo went missing a while ago. Marco tried to hide it so I wouldn't be worried, but I saw it on the ground while I was cleaning up. I'm praying that he's okay. I've tried looking through his eyes, but somehow, even though I have the Mera Mera no Mi copied, I guess it's not his?

I never quite understood this. When the person I copied the Devil Fruit power from dies, the power is supposed to die with them. So... I wonder why I still have yours.

Whatever it is, I'm glad I do. I want to keep something with me. Along with the memories of course.

Marco always said that the memories with the person will really never leave. And I believe him, but...

I don't even remember what my dad looks like. Or sounds like. Not anymore. Every time I try to remember, Oyaji would come to mind.

But I do remember Marco saying that I'll only remember what's important to me. So, I know I'll never forget you.

Centuries can pass and I can still tell every little thing about you. All the way from your big muscles to each individual freckle.

Anyways, the ship's docked, and I don't really have anything else to say.

Wait, one more thing before I forget.

Happy Birthday Ace. I love you ❤︎

Love, Y/N