Home

I woke up and saw the ceiling of the ship. It's been a while since I've gotten a good night's sleep.

Between training, helping the villagers in Oyaji's village, and the reoccurring nightmares, I didn't really get a lot of sleep at all.

I looked at the side table next to the bed and saw a plate with some fruit on it, a small note reading, "Went off the ship while you were sleeping and got fruit. -Izo."

I laughed to myself. "Still caring for me, huh?"

With an apple in my my mouth and a paper and pen in hand, I walked out on deck and saw that Izo and Nekomamushi were asleep on deck.

"You should've told me you were sleepy instead of falling asleep up here." I muttered. I used Doflamingo's Devil Fruit power to bring a blanket from below deck and put it on top of Izo before walking to top deck and sitting next to the wheel.

I examined the map next to the steering wheel, seeing that Wano was actually a lot farther than I anticipated. Looking around the ship, I assumed where we were and held my finger on the area on the map.

"Hm, we're not too far." I stood up and looked at the dawning sun rise just above the horizon. It would've been a cool painting if I ever learned how to paint.

I quietly hummed as I sat in the floor of the ship, scribbling my pen across the parchment, writing words that simply came off the top of my head.

"Hey Marco, is it break with the e second or the e last when-" I looked up and was met with the umber wood grain of the ship, unfamiliar to me still as I closed my mouth to cut off the question that I knew no one would answer

Homesick... it was never really something I got the chance of feeling.

I'd never miss the village I lived in when I lived with Dadan, Ace, Luffy, and Sabo. I had one of the greatest times of my life there, so why would I ever want to go back to the place where I had to hide to simply stay alive?

I had never missed Trash Mountain when I was on the Moby Dick because... well, that was home. Home is where the heart is. I read that somewhere.

This foreign ship didn't really feel like home at all.

I sighed and sat up, staring down at the paper in front of me, half of it covered in writing with the other half completely blank, separated by an unfinished word.

"It's the one with an e in the second spot."

I flinched and looked behind me, seeing Izo leaning over the wooden separation from the steps and the steering wheel. "I-Izo-kun! Sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, I woke up on my own."

"Oh... okay." I stood up and folded the paper with a soft smile. "Wano is a lot farther than I thought it was. I normally fly everywhere, so it's like, a 3 times shorter journey."

"Oh? Do you want to go fly over on your own?"

I shook my head, stuffing the folded paper in my pocket. "I don't even know the way to Wano. And it'd be especially lonely." I blew a piece of hair out of my face. "Besides, I'd rather not get into some trouble while I'm by myself over there."

The sky suddenly darkened and I tilted my head. "Wasn't it morning a moment ag— Agh!"

The boat tossed and I stumbled into Izo's arms, both of us sliding into the railing.

"You-gara guys! We've entered the border!"

Nekomamushi passed by the two of us and gripped the wheel. "Hold on!" I pushed off of Izo and ran down to the bottom deck.

"Room!"

My sclera filled with black as the room moved along with the ship, my hands moving around ever so often so the ship wouldn't flip over.

I heard the clanking of metal behind me, my ears perking up as I relaxed my shoulders, turning my head to see what it was. My eyes widened as I saw my sword from Law topple over off the ship and into the deep sea.

"No!" I stretched my arm to grab it but I couldn't feel the handle before I felt the water splash onto my hand.

My room lowered and I ran over to the edge, throwing off my jacket.

"Y/N!"

Was the last thing I heard before I jumped in.

I met with the water's surface and went under, the rushing waves pushing me gently before my tail came in.

My eyes scanned the dark waters beneath the ship as I saw the ship's shadow slowly stray away. I'd be able to chase it, but I can't leave my sword here.

It's honestly not worth much money wise, but it's a lot more than money. Only some pirates realize that kind of thing.

And my earrings are on there. The ones I got so I could match with Ace. I didn't have any piercings, and I was scared to get them, so I ended up incorporating them into my sword.

I needed to find it.

"If only I had Kid's Devil Fruit power..." I muttered, watching the bubbles rise past me. Then a clink echoed through the rough waters. It was soft compared to the sound of bubbles and waves, but I heard it.

I looked around and saw the handle stuck between two rocks as the blade swayed in the waves. It was one wave away from getting loose and streaming away.

I sped over to it and nearly grabbed it before it got loose and began flowing away from me at rapid speeds. "Crap!"

My tail quickly swished in the water as my arm stretched out in attempts to grab it.

I managed to wrap my fingers around the blade and grip it tightly as I felt the sting of the seawater enter a deep cut that my sword made.

I held the handle with my other hand and quickly swam after the ship.

"Izo!" I called out once my head emerged from the water.

He leaned over the railing, his eyes widening when he saw me. "Is that blood?!"

"Can you help me out before asking questions, please?!" He nodded and threw over a rope into my hand and pulled me up.

I landed on deck, my sword in one hand and my other hand drenched in blood.

"Y-Y/N!" Izo pushed my sword aside for a moment and looked at my hand. "Can you heal it?"

"Marco only ever taught me how to heal minor wounds... but I can try."

I stared at my hand for a moment. It looked like it was connected my maybe an inch thick of skin, while the rest of it was cut, cleanly.

A small blue flame lit at my wrist and slowly spread to my hand.

I gritted my teeth as a burning sensation shot through my hand for a moment, then feeling the cut close up.

"Are you alright?" Izo held my hand and I nodded. "Y-Yeah.. it just stings a bit."

I sighed and leaned back on the ship that continued to sway, holding my sword in my lap. The scabbard was gone, but at least I still had it.