10 | Harriet¹: Attacked

Description:
In Maze B, you being attacked by a stung Icer and Harriet finding you before the two of you date.

Credits:
This was a request from @_exmy_36 so I do not take credit for the idea.
This takes place in Maze B, meaning a lot of this has been made up as we don't have much information. The character Ximena is from a graphic novel based on the Maze Runner (The True Maze) but the scenario and personality are my own.
Besides from Sonya, Harriet and Ximena and Beth(to an extent) the rest of the characters are my own.
I've based the Spring (which is what their 'Glade' was called) on descriptions from research.

The Spring
Just to make this easier to read, this is a few basics about their maze, what is not made up I will provide the book name for.

- The Spring is a snowy forest area, filled with only girls until Aris comes, the members refer to themselves as Icers (The Scorch Trials Official Novel Prelude)
- Rachel is Thomas' equivalent (The Maze Runner Trilogy)

- Charts are equivalent to The Glade's maps
- The Leader's Cabin is equivalent to the Glade's Runner's Hut
- The Council Shack is equivalent to the Glade's Homestead

Your POV:
You had been in The Spring for two years, it had become a home to you over the time. Albeit, this decision wasn't much of a choice. The place you had accepted as a home seemed to more resemble a prison, locking you away from the world that you knew nothing of.

But there were those small moments that you lived for, the short times where you forgot you were involuntarily trapped, and instead just enjoyed it. Such as when you would wake up and see the sun's light reflecting onto the icicles lined against the Leader's Cabin as water droplets dripped down the melting ice. Or sliding across the frozen-over lake while you waited for the Maze's doors to open. Or those rare days when you would finally relax, fire lit in the Council Shack while the Icers went outside into the frosty night to throw snowballs. Those nights always ended with snow in your hair, wet boots and smiles on everyone's faces.

Often, each of those scenarios involved her. While you woke up to admire the sparkling ice, Harriet would be beside you, laughing as she brushed the snow out of your hair. As you slid across the lake while waiting for the doors to open, Harriet would stand at the edge watching you until you grasped her hands and persuaded her to join you. On those truancy days, Harriet never left your side, whether it was sitting by the fire's warm embers or running around outside laughing, snow covering both of your clothes.

There was no doubt she was your favourite person in the Spring, likewise for her towards you, but that didn't help un-complicate your relationship. Being so busy leading the Spring as well as her own job, she was often busy and tried to set a good example for the girls she led. Whenever your relationship was discussed, she was quick to dismiss, too scared of the Icers reaction to their leader dating someone.

It was late at night, unlike most of the Icers who were sleeping, Harriet was locked away in the Council Shack with Sonya, Beth and the newcomer; Rachel. They were attempting to sort out the feud between Rachel and Beth; who as soon as Rachel had arrived, had taken up a strong disliking to her. When an Icer was stung during the day, Beth had come to the conclusion that it was Rachel's fault, seeing the first time it happened was after she had arrived.

While you waited for the meeting to end, you sat inside the Leader's Cabin, analysing the charts strewn across the wooden walls, the charts filled with drawings and any small ideas of patterns for the Maze. Whenever you looked at the charts frustration overwhelmed you, you couldn't seem to shake the feeling you were missing something.